Tunnel ram finished!...for now

Moderator: Moderators

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:15 am

[quote="HotfootGT"]Clyde, You need to get to work detailing that engine. Some of the pleats on the air filter are out of alignment!

Yeah, I know they are and that bugs me! Of course a new K&N filter is about $50 and it may not be any better :cry:
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby spyder_xlch » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 am

Maybe next time the filter needs cleaned take it to the dry cleaners and see if they can press the pleats. that's what a real show car guy would do. :lol:
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Sirshredalot » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 am

i have alot of time and work in the manifold and the carbs....I have had it running and broke the cam in with it....ran just great with excellent throttle response in park....but that doesnt say much.

I am also running a very wide lsa on the cam with alot of vacuum signal not to mention that the upper plenum is divided in two and epoxied, significantly reducing the plenum volume.
The manifold had a pretty small plenum to begin with.

If it is a pig on the street I have a matching pair of 390's that i can also run...but i want to try the 600's first...Id have to mount the 390's sideways and I dont much care for the way that looks...not to mention the $200 linkage.
I dont think Ill have many problems with bottom end with a 3000 rpm stall and 3.90 gears with a 26" tall tire.

Ive pulled my hair out working and researching this combo and I think itll be ok....not to say that im not taking heed to anyones advice.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Previous

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech