Rochester 2G carb, where to get rebuild kit?

Moderator: Moderators

Rochester 2G carb, where to get rebuild kit?

Postby Yellowbird77 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:58 pm

I am finally getting around to rebuilding my carb, a 2G series. I am not sure if it's a E,C, or V series--is there a way to identify which it is? As far as rebuild kits, will one kit have all the parts for a 2G carb, regardless of the E/C/V? Last question, where's a good place to order a rebuild kit?

Thanks!
Trevor
Yellowbird77

Postby SunbirdMan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:36 am

I think the 2GC is a heat stove choke and the 2GE is electric choke. Not positive about that. if its a stock carb, a regular auto parts store should be able to look it up for you, There should be numbers stamped onto it somewhere. I recently pulled a quadrajet out of the junkyard and the counterperson at Kragen used the number to look up the rebuild kit in a catalog.
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby Yellowbird77 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:02 am

Good idea! I'll give that a try...

Thank,
Trev
Yellowbird77

Re: Rochester 2G carb, where to get rebuild kit?

Postby gotmud7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Hey, I know its been a long time since this post. Do a google search for rochester 2g carberator (not sure of exact spelling) , there is a manual out there somewhere that will answer all your questions. I've printed it a few times now. I bought a rebuild kit at Pep boys for about $14. They had to order it. Came the next day. It comes as a generic kit for all Rochester 2g carbs, so there will be extra parts. It did include diagrams and how to do it. In my "Rochester carb" book, it says most of their carbs do not need a rebuild, just a good tune up. So, I've never rebuilt it. But I'm finding there are not a lot of adjustments anyway.
Mark
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech