Vacum hoses..

Moderator: Moderators

Vacum hoses..

Postby cmdstek1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:54 am

1980 Chevy Monza TC with 2.5 iron duke. Does anyone have the vacum hose layout for this, since the emission sticker is gone. I am at a loss since when I bought it most of the vacum hoses have been blocked off and I suspect it is the cause of my rough idling, that and I need new carb gaskets which are going on this weekend. Plus parts identification. There is a vacum valve located under the intake manifold and has 2 fittings. One is broken and no hose is connected to it, but I can feel the vacum on it(no clue what it is). I don't care for emmisions but I like keeping things as original as possible, and this car was seriously jury rigged. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tim
cmdstek1

Postby spyder_xlch » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:04 am

That fitting under the intake is for manifold vacuum. With no hoses connected to them, or even if one port is blocked off but the other is broken, that will make a big vacuum leak. I don't have a diagram to tell you where they should go but definitly fix that. If you don't need those ports take it out and put a pipe plug in it.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby SunbirdMan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 pm

I was doing some scanning this morning so i got these out of my 1978 manual. maybe the same as 1980. I included California because I was on a roll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger---------------------------------------------------------------
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
DIMENSIONS ARE IN INCHES
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby cmdstek1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks those will really help. Now I just have to fid a few pieces that are missing.
cmdstek1

Postby cmdstek1 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:50 am

Anyone know where I can get the delay valves from? Also, how many of the hoses do I actually need. Other than the vacum advance. How much can I eliminate and block off.
cmdstek1

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech