fuel problems...carburetor...jetting upgrades

Moderator: Moderators

Postby 73astregt » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 pm

change the fuel filter for shure! i had one plug so bad i thought my pump was shot! you could hold the filter vertical and it only had a very weak pulse showing when the car was running and only just a little fuel at the bottom car would cruise fine but nail it and it would fall flat on its face aftera short distance changed out the filter and it would roast the tires right off the rims!
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

fuel problems...carburetor...jetting

Postby nimruv1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:04 pm

hey there
thanx for checking up on me. been so busy with life, can't keep up. as for my vega. right after i replaced the broken stock fuel pump w/ the aftermarket holley 80 gph street pump, which claims no fuel regulator is necessary????, i was customizing a part of the car and broke it you could say. at the same time i just finished installing a new motor, to us, into my wifes 62 chevy II and have been driving that. so i never finished figuring out what is wrong, i think, with my vega? as for the throttle response, it is running perfect for the most part. the rear-end gears are 3:50 from what i'm told? the problem i was having with her is that while driving she now seems to responsive. you know how the car feels when your in a lower gear at a fairly high rpm and it feels like its holding back while ready to attack!!!! seems thats how the car feels all the time now since adding that new fuel pump. as i mentioned before its possible it is running right, better, great, and the stock pump just wasn't doing it for the motor? could be that the pump is giving it to much pressure, fuuel, etc... thats what i don't know? so maybe the feeling in question can be addressed appropriately based on my description? as for my new problem, "customizing", i was deleting the trans kickdown cable by cutting it at base and cut to far. now it is leaking fluid out of the cable and headers etc.. are in the way of repair. was hard to get to even to cut, aaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!! let me know. have a great day.
nimruv1

Previous

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech