Stalling/choke light flicker

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Stalling/choke light flicker

Postby spyder_xlch » Fri May 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Pull the plug off the oil presure switch and run a jumper wire between the 2 outside wires. Just a small wire with a male spade terminal on both ends works great.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monzadude » Sat May 24, 2008 9:16 pm

WOHOO!!!!! :dance:

Problem solved! I finally got a chance to put a jumper wire in for the oil pressure switch and it works perfect.

I took the car for a drive and even while it was good and hot I could sit and idle as long as I wanted.

I tried to get it to stall and it wouldn't. I let the car idle for 5 minutes straight then floored it. The car just took off like it's suposed too. :D No stalling, no chuging, nothing.

Now all I have to do is put the oil pressure guage in and see whats going on. I'm not sure it's real safe to drive around with the jumper in. I'd rather have the switch working properly.

One of my old cars had a higher pressure oil pump in it. I might have to try and find one.

Thanks for all the help and ideas.

The down side is, now that it's not stalling my wife is going to want to steal it once and a while.

Bill
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Postby spyder_xlch » Sat May 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Damn I'm good. You could have one of two problems. Low oil presure or a bad switch. I hope it's a bad switch.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:07 pm

funny-we just had fuel pump changed on our delivery truck(94 F150 4.9-dont scowl-i work in auto salvage-I've used just about every vehicle for deliveries-including 77 civics!!!)And alla the sudden she wont idle,,,,hmmmm,,,.
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Previous

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech