Mount Location's for Fuel Pressure Regulator's ?

Moderator: Moderators

Mount Location's for Fuel Pressure Regulator's ?

Postby MIKESMONZA » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:12 pm

:idea: What is the best Mounting Place to add the Adjustable fuel pressure Regulator''
and out going pressure Gauge.?

:?: Away from Intake Manifold and Carburetor? And heat I would guess,Mike :lol:
Last edited by MIKESMONZA on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
355,SBC,700R4Trans,3.42 rear,Sandersons,Edelbrock,Carb,Intake,Griffin,1,900 rpms at 60 MPH Highway Cruise Car.
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Mount Location for Fuel Pressure Regulator

Postby v8astregt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I've got mine mounted on the firewall where the heater formerly was located at.

Another option that I'm going to use on my 67 Biscayne project is the regulator mount that locates it right off the carb on the passenger's side... wait, is it for a Holley? It doesn't matter, the mounts are for a Holley, but that proves that it doesn't matter that it's right on the intake manifold.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Re: Mount Location for Fuel Pressure Regulator

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Josh ; thank's for the reply as My car is equiped with a Edelbrock 1406,Intank Pump new and pusher added in line,,
,EGR Blocked off,at Intake Gasket and intake Top
:D But that the Bracket is good Ideal,for the Holley.
And Used on a Lot of application's, where the Airflow will carry a small amout of Heat away,
,,,,Also we are Talking H- body Under Hood Thermal Heat as we all have some Experiances to Share.

And because we have a "Tighter" Escape Route for the Heat thru the Smaller Lower Fenderswell's ,
Cramed/ filled with either One or two Cast Iron Exhaust Restictive "Chunk's" of "Heated Iron" and "Tube Header's" That loose heat Quickly on the way out.

But we have to admit that todays Higher Heat under the Hood has effect's on Metal Lines and Metal Objects plumbed into the Fuel Lines

Since the newer desighs have the tank line's coming from the back of Intake Manifold,
Just Like our Car's,, :D This has to help and the return line Plumbed into system return's the Gas not used by Injection or Carburetor,
back to the Tank,,Simular to Vapor canister line's in Plumbing.
It is a great add on in our cars as well,,
:arrow: Some of our h_Body Member's have used the Vapor Canister Vent Line ,
to return from a Filter with three hook ups, one in, one out, and a smaller out near the out flow for the return to the tank,

:idea: I was Thinking By Moving it away from the Engine Intake and Carb Area
:idea: (The "Heat"around Top of Engine Assembly pushed by postive airpressre
to keep from transfering Heat to the Fuel line and making fuel more "Dense" and Cooler entering Carb.)
and maybe Mount on the passenger side fender and use a Insulated line to return to the Carb with a Heat Sink Shield Wrap??

:arrow: But any suggestion like your is most welcome and a Plus, :shock: seeing as how it is working for You Now,
And "mounting" real estate location in Engine Comparment "Valley" is already spoken for.
I will have to look at the Others Engine Compartments set ups more closely ,
Thank's Mike
355,SBC,700R4Trans,3.42 rear,Sandersons,Edelbrock,Carb,Intake,Griffin,1,900 rpms at 60 MPH Highway Cruise Car.
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Mount Location's for Fuel Pressure Regulator's ?

Postby Sirshredalot » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

If you look at alot of the really high end pumps...they bypass and regulate the pump right in front of the pump its self...Of course the regulator is usually built in but that doesnt matter...

If you put the regulator right on front of the fuel pump it will save you some space but be harder to adjust. but youll have ALOT less plumbing to do for the bypass/return line.

I have both my regulators mounted right on my manifold with plates at the carbs....Very common.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech