Holley 2bbl carb question

Moderator: Moderators

Holley 2bbl carb question

Postby Yellowbird77 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:06 am

I recently bought a Holley 8993 carb to replace my old Rochester 2GC on a 1977 3.8L v6. I think it may be missing a piece however. I've attached a pic of the carb and circled the area that looks like it's missing a cover or something. Anyone know if that's correct the way it is, or what I'll need to get for it if it is missing a part(s)? Thanks for any help!

Trevor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yellowbird77

Re: Holley 2bbl carb question

Postby gotmud7 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey, thats kind of funny. I just made a post to an old topic that covered this same question. The post should show up at the beginning of this discussion.
Good luck, Mark

Oh Yeah. Do you know what size main jets are in the 2bbl Rochester. You have to unscrew the power valve to get the jets out, or a big magnifier. Mine are "52", but I don't know what size it should have. Do you want to sell the Rochester you had?
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: Holley 2bbl carb question

Postby heinz057 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 pm

thats where on some carbs is a bowl vent. it had a reed valve and a hose that goes to the charcoal canister. the carbs more for emmisions had the holes drilled to use the valve.
heinz057

1978 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech