Now we're talkin horsepower!

Moderator: Moderators

Now we're talkin horsepower!

Postby gotmud7 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Here is an update on the 140 some of you asked for. Adding an Edelbrock aluminum 2bbl intake, stock rebuilt Rochester carb, and ceramic coated Heddman header. I wonder what will flow better?! LOL No I am not some 140 nut, just no money for a V8. I plan on keeping the stock air filter and cold air intake hose in place. But I am disconnecting the heat tube from the exhaust, and removing the internal air filter baffles for more flow. I can't wait to hear it with an open header, but I do have a "turbo" muffler for it that will exit in front of the driver side rear tire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: Now we're talkin horsepower!

Postby res0o7eb » Sat May 16, 2009 8:30 pm

SWEET!!!!!!!! 8) Yeah, you are a 140 Vega nut, though. Just like me. :D Go for it.

You've got the 'slip-on', two-piece, long collector version of the Hedmann header(eh, Hedder :) ) which I believe is somewhat rare.
I have seen many Vega headers on ebay and I have several Vega headers myself, but only one of those.

A free-flowing exhaust is the easiest performance improvement you can make on a stock Vega.
I had a header on my 74 Vega GT back in the day and the car was blast to drive.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Re: Now we're talkin horsepower!

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sat May 16, 2009 8:39 pm

open header sucks , lol well if you drive the car for over a hour to the swap meet , had the muffler fall off the pipe i had bolted up to the header on my old panel

i had a offy dual port and 2300 series holley on it liked the progressive opening over the standard rochester 2 barrel

it was a blast to drive , only pinto i couldnt beat was a friends that had a built 2.3 from a turbo t-bird coupe , bad thing is he hadnt put the turbo on it yet :(
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech