Edelbrock air gap and stock Monza hood

Moderator: Moderators

Edelbrock air gap and stock Monza hood

Postby mbrand6 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 am

This post is similar to the one about the stock vega hood but I'm not sure if there is the same amount of clearance. My question is if I can put a edelbrock air gap on my 350 equipped monza with an edelbrock carb on top with the stock hood? Currently it has an old holley street dominator and it clears ok. Thanks.
mbrand6

Re: Edelbrock air gap and stock monza hood

Postby chevyart » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm

i dont know for sure myself, but anytime i ever saw a post about hood clearances there never was mention of a problem with the ededbrock rpm air gap having a hood clearance problem . im sure you will be hearing alot of guys chiming in on this one chevy art
chevyart

Re: Edelbrock air gap and stock Monza hood

Postby lincolnolli » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Well,i have the Brodix 1014 under my 78 monza Hood.
This intake is a real hi-riser too.
Its tight,but no problems so far other than using the usual drop down aircleaner..

Ollie :th:
lincolnolli

Re: Edelbrock air gap and stock Monza hood

Postby sportster96blk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 am

i have a aftermarket air gap intake the same height as edelbrock air gap intake with a Holley street avenger 670 carb it would have fit under stock hood if i trimmed the support beams out then i needed to add a 1/2 spacer between carb and intake to stop heat from boiling gas in carb. this made the carb stick out a little and a hole was needed I'm not a body man and was unhappy with my hole and and it needed covered because rain would ruin air cleaner. after buying a scoop 2 1/4 and not installing it right i gave up and got a after market hood that had a true 2 1/4 scoop that has full rise though the entire length of the hood -------- pic of my new and old hood in my garage :popcorn: :wave:
sportster96blk

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech