Demon carburetor

Moderator: Moderators

Demon carburetor

Postby partouz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Hello, I'm running a 670 holley street avenger with a mild motor, I had to drill the butterfly so far to make it run great. Now it's almost set on the dime.

I was wondering if people use the demon carburetor with the ez idle system. I was looking to get a speed demon 650 vac but I was looking for reviews before spending the money. So far all the holley purist got their own argument, but I'm still wondering what people think in general.

Kevin :dance: Have a good week guys!
partouz

Re: Demon carburetor

Postby dougy68nova » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:11 pm

well its just my 2 cents but, i would stick with the holly. demon carbs are known to be rich, very rich, i could never get mine to stop fouling plugs and thinning the oil. i have said it on other sites the best thing i did with my demon was take it off and put the quadrajet back on.

also i would recommend it.............................to my competition!
dougy68nova

Postby starfire383 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 pm

So you have a great running carb and want to put another carb the same size on it, bringing your tuning process back to zero and risking driveability problems without gaining power.

The basic premise doesn't make a lot of sense from here, I'm wondering if you're changing just to change something instead of changing to improve the car. Surely somewhere else on the car could use the $$ and time. Then again maybe I don't understand the complete situation from a few sentences either. That's never happened on the internet :lol:

good luck either way

PS-remove the bowls and wash the demon before use, most have debris when new.
starfire383

Postby monza355 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Not having much luck with my Demon either. May go back to Holley.
monza355

Postby Sirshredalot » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:54 am

Never used one on my personal car, but I have installed and tuned them on more than one occasion.

I have only good things to say in my personal opinion. Ive run them naturally aspirated and on forced induction setups and theyve never proven to be less than adequate.

rich and lean are all dependent on how rich or lean is being determined for said application...jet changes can fix that as well as power valve, secondary springs and air bleeds.

Barry Grant has made a name for his self over the years...and im sure its not just because his carbs are pretty...If you can tune a carb, than I would suggest going with whatever you are the most comfortable with...holley, edelbrock, barry grant, etc.

God bless
-Shred
Last edited by Sirshredalot on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby chevy art » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:36 pm

shred is right on about each car being different. carb companies can only get close for a factory carb install. each owner has to re-calibrate carb for his specific application, such as jets and definitely a power valve depending oin the vacum reading of a hi-po engine with a big cam. wes havent seen you post in a while. get back on here with some more good info art
chevy art

Postby Sirshredalot » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:13 pm

They say if you have to go up or down more than 8 jet sizes, than the carb was wrong to begin with...not that i agree with that...thats just what they say.
My guess is that if you had to drill the butterflys, than you need a more "tuneable" carb.

Carbs are just controlled vacuum leaks...and controlled they can be...

Partouz, Give us some more information on the motor and maybe we can make a recomendation on a suitable carburetor option for you.

Its been my personal experience and opinion that most if not all v8 engine can use a 750cfm carburetor.

God bless
-Shred

PS: Art, Ive been working nights for the past year, so most of my free time is either spent wrenching in the garage, working on customers cars, or spending quality time with my wonderful wife. I still try to get on when I can...I havent forgotten about you guys. Still got the monza rusting behind the garage...for a later time and date, when it will be rebuilt to run in its IMSA race heritage and glory.
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech