Carbs

Moderator: Moderators

Carbs

Postby BillPappy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I got a QuadraJet Style carb I will trade for a holly 600 and up. Working carb or not. I prefer Double Pumpers :)

I am just going to toss this carb in the trash.. It kind of works, its just junk to me. But some people like them :rolleyes:

I may even let them have it.. if I find a holly carb.
It's hard for an old street racer to stay on the safe side of stupid

Pappy
BillPappy

Re: Carbs

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey dont throw it out ! My grandmother busted her a$$ to build them all those years . Send it to me :idea:

Doug in Az 8)
My Old Monza now lives in Arizona with its newest owner.

The 90's just keep rollin' along........
1990 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab Long Bed 350 TBI V8 700R4 118K miles
1992 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe 2.0 OHC MPFI I4 TH125C 157k miles
HI WINDING MONZA

Postby BillPappy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:24 pm

HI WINDING MONZA wrote:Hey dont throw it out ! My grandmother busted her a$$ to build them all those years . Send it to me :idea:

Doug in Az 8)

Ya got a deal.. IF someone don't show up with a Holly here. And I find a used one. I will send it to ya.

Let ya granny rebuild it :D

Pappy
BillPappy

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 pm

BillPappy wrote:
HI WINDING MONZA wrote:Hey dont throw it out ! My grandmother busted her a$$ to build them all those years . Send it to me :idea:

Doug in Az 8)

Ya got a deal.. IF someone don't show up with a Holly here. And I find a used one. I will send it to ya.

Let ya granny rebuild it :D

She's been gone to a higher place for a few years now, worked at Rochester Products in Rochester, NY for many years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_ ... s_Division

Doug in Az

HI WINDING MONZA

Postby res0o7eb » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 am

BillPappy wrote:I got a QuadraJet Style carb I will trade for a holly 600 and up. Working carb or not. I prefer Double Pumpers :)
Bill,
Somewhere in my garage are a few Holleys - Spreadbores and Squarebores? - that I will never use. I don't know what size any of them are.
Not sure if they are any good. Is there a particular model or list number that you are looking for?
If you're not in a hurry, I might be able to dig through my stuff to find something.
Then you can send that QuadraJet to Doug.

HI WINDING MONZA wrote:She's been gone to a higher place for a few years now, worked at Rochester Products in Rochester, NY for many years.

Doug in Az
That is cool Doug.
In honor of your hard-working grandmother (R.I.P.), I am going to put a QuadraJet on the Pontiac engine in one or both of my Sunbirds and/or my Astre(when I finally, someday, put a Pontiac engine in it). Well, at least they'll have Rochester carbs in them
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby BillPappy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Doug ,,I meant no disrespect to you in anyway.. I will mail ya the carb when I find out where its going And I can replace the carb So i can at least move the old 401 AMC around..

Yes Please,, Res7eb See what ya got in the Square bores Holleys. I am not going to picky ,, 600cfm and up would work. I do prefer Duel lines 4150/4160 square-bore carbs. :wink:
I do have Mega rebuild kits for them. I did have 4 Holly carbs that got lost or stolen when I moved. One of which was a 1100cfm center squirter

Just for the record. I have no problem with the QuadraJet carb other then the fact that I like holleys better :) I can tune and make QuadraJets work very good.
Just takes me longer.. I just don't have any parts or kits for them. This carb does need a rebuild.
I must say I love the fast throttle response that comes from a QuadraJet

thxs guys..

Bill Papps D.

Pappy
BillPappy

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:28 pm

BillPappy wrote:Doug ,,I meant no disrespect to you in anyway.. ..

Bill Papps D.

No problem , all the grandparents and parents are long gone except for my wife's dad. It happens when you get old..........................

Doug in Az 8)

HI WINDING MONZA

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:33 pm

res0o7eb wrote:
BillPappy wrote:I got a QuadraJet Style carb I will trade for a holly 600 and up. Working carb or not. I prefer Double Pumpers :)
Bill,
Somewhere in my garage are a few Holleys - Spreadbores and Squarebores? - that I will never use. I don't know what size any of them are.
Not sure if they are any good. Is there a particular model or list number that you are looking for?
If you're not in a hurry, I might be able to dig through my stuff to find something.
Then you can send that QuadraJet to Doug.

HI WINDING MONZA wrote:She's been gone to a higher place for a few years now, worked at Rochester Products in Rochester, NY for many years.

Doug in Az
That is cool Doug.
In honor of your hard-working grandmother (R.I.P.), I am going to put a QuadraJet on the Pontiac engine in one or both of my Sunbirds and/or my Astre(when I finally, someday, put a Pontiac engine in it). Well, at least they'll have Rochester carbs in them

Thanks Tom,
glad there is some "Die Hard Rochester Carb Users " out there unlike my Rochester brother Marco .......................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doug in Az 8)

HI WINDING MONZA

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech