Hptuners.

Moderator: Moderators

Hptuners.

Postby vickyvega73 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 am

Just ordered Hptuners tonight. I'm really excited to receive in the mail now. Wish me luck guys, I'm going to be on a learning curve until I get the hang of it. Plan on practicing on my DD hhr to learn and step up to a 6.0 in my 73 hatch.
vickyvega73

Re: Hptuners.

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 am

Good luck. :) I have a setup from Craig Moates that uses a similar tuning system. It'll be fun tuning my LT1, too. :)
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby vickyvega73 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Well, i got my hptuners the other night, and it was a nightmare trying to get it to install on win7. So after figuring out my .net frame work problems i got her installed and working. So I'm learning and my test subject is my dd hhr lt le5. Well i scanned my ecm and got me a base tune to tweak and checkout the software and figure out some stuff. I found a tuning tutorial for le5s ( thanks Redfocz if youre out there) and made the suggested changes and created the histograms to monitor and tune maf. Well i went to flash my new tune and pow. My vats kicked me out and the flash would not take. So after reading and reading I post on the Hp forums for help and everyone there probably thinks I'm a douche because in my panic I typed vss instead of vats and was asking for help. Oh well, I finally came across the information that I needed so I found out that I needed to do a complete write instead of calibration only. This time I also disabled my vats, no more getting locked out. Along with upping my redline, changing my speed limiter, and along with some other stuff i did the entire write. It worked, I was so happy. So now I'm back on track and waiting for the next problem, I seem to learn by mistakes more than I would like to admit. Sorry for the long rant but my wife doesn't like to listen to me when I talk about stuff that she has no clue as to what it is I'm talking about.
vickyvega73

Postby meangreen73vega » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm

vickyvega73 wrote:Sorry for the long rant but my wife doesn't like to listen to me when I talk about stuff that she has no clue as to what it is I'm talking about.

And mine just doesn't like to listen to me talk at all! :lol:
Drive, break, repair...repeat!

72 Vega, 350 ZZ4, patriot heads, air gap intake, 750 dbl pump...power glide...
meangreen73vega

1973 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby waybad » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:41 am

how much tuning knowledge do you have? I am going to get it when I get closer to running my car but i am not very smart :bang: is it pretty strait forward? I have been on ls1tech.com for a long time and have the tuning book from mast motorsports and have read it about 3 times and still not sure? please post up what ever you find please!
TC
Tinker
waybad

Postby vickyvega73 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:23 pm

waybad wrote:how much tuning knowledge do you have? I am going to get it when I get closer to running my car but i am not very smart :bang: is it pretty strait forward? I have been on ls1tech.com for a long time and have the tuning book from mast motorsports and have read it about 3 times and still not sure? please post up what ever you find please!
TC

I have only had this software for a couple of days, so knowledge is on the low side. I too have been reading up for awhile and it seems for me anyways that reading and doing are alot diffrent. Some of the stuff on there is pretty straight forward like disabling some stuff and changing settings that are on off, this temp, or enable disable, etc... I'll post as i make progress, but to tell the truth I'm learing as well. I think that a straight swap with a stock ls motor, stock harness, and matching ecm wouldn't be a big deal. Alitltle time consuming maybe.
vickyvega73

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech