Anyone had Any Experience with this setup?

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone had Any Experience with this setup?

Postby King Too Tall » Thu May 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Anyone ever used one of these setups or know anyone with any experience with this setup? I am going to go Fuel Injected for my Astre. Just looking for comments, suggestions?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/352 ... ProductId=

Thanks
King
King Too Tall

Re: Anyone had Any Experience with this setup?

Postby MonzaRacer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:38 am

Dude go buy a completely prebuilt Megasquirt and go looking for better induction system, and it will be at least a thousand dollars cheaper if not more.
If Magnetti Marelli had anything to do with that its a pass.
Unless you just like spending $4k on fuel injection.
For me I would go look at some of the individual runner Hilborn stuff then re do it with Megasquirt.
Last one of these I helped tunethe guy had used 3/8 brake line and fittings to make an idle air control work. Quick trip to wleders to make holes smaller and switching to 1/4" line running to his IAC block and making sure all 8 throttle blades were shut (we simply milled a flat on the edges, sat an indicator on it and opened them all afew thousandths to keep them from sticking, used a linkage for a dual carbs as each runner TB was ganged to the other , we got it timed pretty quick. I used dual TP sensors to make sure it was set right.
Heck even with only a Comp 272 cam it sounded like an old gasser. It ran good but its sound was HEAVEN when running hard. We had issues with his getting enough fuel as he plumbed in NOS too so Injector Dynamics Injectors gave us awesome resolution even from huge injectors. And Megasquirt handles it all.
Just my take on things.
Lee
MonzaRacer

Re: Anyone had Any Experience with this setup?

Postby King Too Tall » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Lee,
Thanks for the input. I took a brief look at the MegaSquirt information and it seems that setup is more of a do it yourself setup with TONS of options. When I have more time to read into it, I'll let you know what I come up with as I'm all for making your own custom setup. However, I am looking for something that looks like it will be less maintenance, but there again, I haven't dug into it enough to make that call.

Thanks
King Too Tall
King Too Tall

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech