Holley Blue Fuel Pump Location?

Moderator: Moderators

Holley Blue Fuel Pump Location?

Postby BBM66 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:26 pm

73 Hatchback. Stock fuel tank with stock sending unit but the pickup tube was extended and I eliminated the stock pump. The stock feed tube out of and around the side of the tank is in place, so here's the question. I was looking for a suitable place to mount my Holley Blue pump and about the only place I can see to do so, without having to go thru a huge hassle, is just inside the passenger side wheel well, just behind the tire and just in front of the tank. There is a hole there where I could mount one tang of the pump and room to drill another. Only problem I see is the proximity to the tire, should it explode (not likely) or throw something up from the road. It's just a street car with a small block, so it's not going to the track and the car is more or less stock...no rollcage etc.
So, just looking for ideas, or better yet, pictures if someone else has already done this. Thanks for the input guys!
Bill
The Fleet:
1963 Chevrolet Impala-Miss Jean Marie
1973 Vega Hatchback
1995 Honda Civic
1965 Chevy C-10 Pickup
2004 F-350 Super Duty
BBM66

Re: Holley Blue Fuel Pump Location?

Postby speedphreake » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 pm

That's pretty much where I had mine until I went to an in tank set up this spring. Never had any issues with it.
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech