LOOK:Fixed my running rough,hesitating and stalling problems

Moderator: Moderators

LOOK:Fixed my running rough,hesitating and stalling problems

Postby ski.dive » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:59 am

My little VEGA was always running rough, stalling, hesitating, you name it, my problem was the gasoline was evaporating in the carb.

My carb temp when hot was over 125, this new gas out there boils in the 125 to 130 range.

The base of my carb is in the 125 plus range and the intake maniflod below the carb is in the 200 range.

I added 2 extra spacer at the base of the carb, my carb temp. now is in the 105 to 109 range.

I added 4 longer studs to the carb to accommodate the 2 extra carb base spacers [total of 3 carb spacers] , the little VEGA has never ran better!!

The little Chevy 4 banger with the A/C on in the hot Florida weather now cruises along like never before!!! :th:

This week, I'm also going to insulate the fuel lines in the engine compartment.
ski.dive

Re: LOOK:Fixed my running rough,hesitating and stalling prob

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:40 am

Sky, You could also add a heat shield between a couple of those spacers for added heat soak protection, just a piece of sheet metal to divert/block some of the heat from below, you could even have it ceramic coated to add some pretty and additional protection. Just a thought? This was a performance trick/trend way back in the late '70's early '80's (before you could buy an air gap intake) Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech