street demon 1901

Moderator: Moderators

street demon 1901

Postby beakerztoyz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I just ordered up a street demon part no 1901.. was just curious if anyone here was running one
1980 notchback sunbird... 355
1980 monza spyder.... v8

If I woulda known then what I know now....I never woulda got an h body
beakerztoyz

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Re: street demon 1901

Postby beakerztoyz » Thu May 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Just wanted to update this, while the Demon is on the 360 la engine in my dodge pickup, and not on the smallblock monza in my car I've been running it on the truck for months now with no issues, I still need to adjust it as it does run a tap rich but i didn't want to fool with it in the winter or early spring, rather it runs too rich than to chance messing it up. truck starts good ( needs 2 pumps in the morning) , runs good idles much better than it did, accelerates very smoothly. I've been very happy with it. just thought I'd share this in case any one was debating using one.
1980 monza spyder.... v8

beakerztoyz

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Postby Vegabee » Wed May 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Been seeing a lot of good things with that economically priced Street demon
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/140 ... g-results/
http://www.chevyhardcore.com/tech-stori ... arburetor/
Vegabee

Postby beakerztoyz » Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks for the links Vegabee, I have actually been kind of surprised that no one commented on this post, the carb I have has the polymer middle that they mentioned and is a 625cfm, since my truck is my daily driver my theory was the small primary's should get me better mileage than going to a square bore (the rochester on my truck was about done).

So far every article or story on it I have seen on it seems to give it a positive impression yet I rarely see it talked about on message boards. which seems kind of odd because lots of people seem to like edelbrocks cuz they just bolt em on and never have to fool with them and this is kind of the same as that only in my opinion better, it's easier to adjust than the edelbrock I have on my sunbird and works at least as well, maybe better than the edelbrock in daily cruising. I understand why guys go to holley's for racing and such but this is a pretty darn good little carb for a street car
1980 monza spyder.... v8

beakerztoyz

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech