Reputable MN body shops (my car got hit)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby 73astregt » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:12 pm

just let the shop do the job i tried to save myself some cost on getting a door refinished (bought from arizona) sanded the inner side all down and primered it and painted it so all the had to do was the outside they ended up stripping the whole door down to bare metal inside and out and starting from scratch (and i did a damn good job on it if i do say so myself lol looked mint) they said the spray can paint and primer wasnt compatable they only charged me 250.00 for the whole thing and helped me install the door for free!
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

Postby Racin Jason » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Olds70supreme, thats a damn shame. Your car pic is one of my favorites. I seen a pic of your car a whlie back and thought it was a beautiful h-body. I wish people would be more careful. (They don't know how hard it is to find good parts.) BTW, what everybody is saying is true. I got into bodywork when a body shop told me it would cost 2K to paint my monza. Needless to say I started spending money on body shop equipment and I haven't looked back. Practice on that dented fender and see if this type of work is for you. Keep us posted.
Our blessed mother of acceleration dont fail me now. -Elwood Blues
Racin Jason

Previous

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair