Sound deadening, Insulation and carpet, weight gain,

Moderator: Moderators

Sound deadening, Insulation and carpet, weight gain,

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Last week I weighed the car at a truck scale just to get an ideal how much, the aftermarket, acoustic mat and insulation and new carpet carpet changed my 75 Monza 2+2 hatch back street car,,with an 350 sbc 700 R 4 trans ,it rolls on 14 inch alluminum mags (No roll cage, no chassis work) minus the passenger seat and dash pad and center console, no Jack N' spare tire ,, It weighed a total of :arrow: 3,020 lbs, Thats 1,820 lbs on front axle and 1,200 lbs on the rear ,, :arrow: any body else would be bragging about how much weight they removed from the h- body,, :idea: this is only a little info for those who might be curious about how much weight I added,,rear hatch,,, wheel wells,, doors also for the floor pan,,,,,the " firewall" ,,, :arrow: and "under" the dash insulation ,,1 layer of sound deanding hush mat and 1 layer of insulation,, :?: Does this weight ticket make my butt look fat???. :?: How much differance is your H-body ride's weigh in at :?:
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 pm

I have never weighed mine but it would have been nice to do a before and after comparison. Plus, what is the weight difference from a 700r4? I believe mine weighed about 3150-3200 from the factory with a V8 and manual trans. This coincides pretty close with many magazine articles weights from the time. I would guess mine weighs less now with the removal/replacement of some heavy items like the stock exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, catalytic convertor, etc.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

whew

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:49 pm

:arrow: Thanks Clyde for the reply, just wanted to see if it was too heavy,,LOL :arrow: The insulation/ noise supression boxes from East wood have shipping weights on the invoice's if I wanted to see what I put in the car,,I was expecting the overdrive transmission to realy bump it up,,,but all in all it looks good,Thanks for your input on the car weight. 8) 8) Mike
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair