help for monza door

Moderator: Moderators

help for monza door

Postby mobeur » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:46 am

hello I'm new on this forum.I'm french and I have 20 years old.Idon't speak english very well.I reparing a buick sky hawk 75 :D . I would like to now if the doors;the wings and bonnet is the same as the chevrolet monza 78 and buick skyhawk 75 because it's difficultv to find this piece in france :bang: .
mobeur

Re: help for monza door

Postby 72 SS PNL » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 am

as long as they are the same body type , then yes hatchback to hatch back , trunk to trunk

though some bumpers are lights are different
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby mobeur » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:16 pm

sorry I don't understand.Image it's a photo of the monza 79 for take the door,wings and bonnet its the same of buick sky hawk 2+2 75?
mobeur

Postby 72 SS PNL » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 pm

yours is the town coupe or trunk model , and parts will need to come from a car that looks like yours being another trunk model

doors back would be different

2+2 would be a hatchback

72 SS PNL

Postby mobeur » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:40 pm

on this photo it's the same car of me Image and I would buy the door on monza 78 trunck (I've posted this photo before)but I don't now it's the same door forward?
mobeur

Postby 72 SS PNL » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm

that is the hatchback(2+2) the whole rear half of the car is completely different

the front fenders would swap over , the hoods are different , yours is flater in the center , where the 2+2 dips down in the middle , also yours would have the 2 head lights(1 each side) , the 2+2 has 4 head lights(2 each side)

it should be possible to swap over the whole front end , but i think you would need to do some sheet metal work where the hood closes down , the other guys should be able to help you out with a nose swap

72 SS PNL

Postby Len » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:27 am

Hello mobeur :
I am responding to your question using the limited knolage that I have of european terminology on autos , Hell I have a problem with north american spelling to. But I have tried to use your lingo followed by ours in (brackets )
RE : doors no they are different . You car has a boot (or a trunk model) as opposed to a lift-back (or a hatchback model) glass attached when you lift the boot (trunk) and the doors are different only on the top half of the door where the glass rides when up, the rest or bottom half of the door will fit . lots of work making a lift-back (hatchback) door work on a boot (trunk) model .
RE: The bonnet (hood) from the front glass (windshield) to the ft lighting system (head lights) will work as long as it is either a 2 ft light system system (headlight)or a 4 ft light system (headlight). The bonnet (hood) is also a part of the 2or 4 ft light Sytem (headlights) as the shape is for either one of the 2 light system or 4 lights ft light system (headlight styles) , It is hard to tell from the pic you provided of you car has a 2 light or 4 light system. A better pic of the bonnet (hood) will show, If your car has the 2 ft lighting system (headlight) then you would have to add so steel to make 4 light work where the lights mount , as the mounting frame work for the lights is different. It can be done . On the other hand to Go from the 4 ft lighting system (headlight) to a 2 light sytem (headlight) would require removing some steel where the lights mount to allow the bonnet (hood) and light surround parts to fit. Also the Bonnet (hood) would have to be replaced to mach the 2or 4 light system (head lights)
RE: The wings (front fenders/ Ft quarters) or the part that covers the ft tire from the ft of the door to the Bonnet (hood) will fit fine off either car and are interchangeable
Hope I have not offended you with my wanting to help with terminology,
Len
Len
1980 spyder
1980 sunbird hatchback
Len

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby mobeur » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:53 am

I don't understand. my car is a hathback they are 4 lights.if I have understand the forward doors are different on the top of a trunck model it's difficult for make a door of trunck model for my car?
mobeur

Postby AusRs » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:17 am

from my understanding of the doors
yes the door will fit BUT the top back section of the door is different to your hatchback ,you would need to graft the back frame section of your door on to the donor door (read a LOT of work ) the glass from your door would also need to be used
the fenders(mudguards) will fit
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:58 am

Look at the very top of both doors on each car. (the part that surrounds the glass) You'll see that they are very different and that they will not interchange.

If you find, monza/ sunbird/ starfire with the same shape body...they will work.
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Postby mobeur » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:47 am

ok I have understand thank you very much for help me.
mobeur

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair