Sunbird filler panel wanted please HELP OUT!

Moderator: Moderators

Sunbird filler panel wanted please HELP OUT!

Postby formula sunbird » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I my names John im new on this site and im building a race car and its been a pain in the ass trying to hunt a back bumper filler panel down. Man I would really appreciate if you can help me locate one. I went to a couple junk yards and no one has any thing i owned a 1980 pontica sunbird formula and that car was a parts car and there was nothing left on were that filler panel was suposed to be. and if you know where i can get one at or any thing please let me know. Thank you.
Last edited by formula sunbird on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
formula sunbird

Re: Sunbird filler panel wanted

Postby cjbiagi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Is this the front or rear panel? I assume you mean the piece between the bumper and the body?
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: Sunbird filler panel wanted

Postby formula sunbird » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks, yes its the rear filler panel that goes between the body and bumper. I see some one eles had a hard time trying to find one.
formula sunbird

Re: Sunbird filler panel wanted please HELP OUT!

Postby Len » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 am

Hi John I see you have asked the same question on my post " how do I save this" let me know if you find one as that is the reason I spent all the time re building what I had . As I couldn't find one when I started to rebuild mine . If you go through that post I do believe another member said the was one out P.E.I. Canada way and there is a fiberglass shop in Ontario Canada that advertises them can't remember there name (anybody?) In all honesty good luck and if you do find one let us all know as I am sure we are not the only one's that could use it . I am still completing on making a mold of mine but mine is not perfect.
Len
Len
1980 spyder
1980 sunbird hatchback
Len

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby formula sunbird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you Len for getting back to me. i really hop some has some thing i have nothing left it just fell apart as i touched it. Im located in Philly Pa and it has been a pain in the ass to find one and called alot of junk yards. i went to one yard and there was a sunbird and the filler panel was broken off. if any one has any info let me know and i really appreciate your help Len.
formula sunbird

Postby Len » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 pm

John you may also want to post in the wanted section
Len
Len
1980 spyder
1980 sunbird hatchback
Len

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby formula sunbird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm

ok will do thanks Len. And Len what do you think you would want for a fiber glass filler panel if you make them? and please let me know if you produce them becase i know people would be intersted in them!!!
formula sunbird

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:45 pm

I am trying to look the part numbers up for these. Is this made up of 3 pieces, 2 small ones on the bumper corners and one in the middle? I seem to see 2 corner pieces in my manual along with a valence. I am assuming the valence goes on the bottom of the bumper but I can't really tell from my pic.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby formula sunbird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey this is for the rear bumper to body filler and its all one piece.
formula sunbird

Postby rtm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:34 pm

stupid question;
is this a hatchback or a coupe?
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
rtm

1976 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Postby formula sunbird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:26 pm

This is for a hatch back.
formula sunbird

Postby 92turbogtz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 am

Another hatchback Formula Sunbird? Awesome!!! Do you have any pics? BTW - My rear panel is completely shot too.
Alex
1998 BMW 328is - Current
78 Formula Sunbird - Sold :(
92turbogtz

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby formula sunbird » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey thanks man, we have to do some thing about this. and no pics but there will be shorty.
formula sunbird

Postby formula sunbird » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

ok thanks Len i would say keep searching i already went and got a monza back filler and tried to modafi it to fit but that didnt go out for the way i wanted it to.
formula sunbird

Postby 73astregt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 am

im the guy that found the formula sunbird in the wrecking yard in nova scotia. when i was there i bought the complete rear spoiler and the tail lights from the car to save them from the crusher knowing someone would want them one day! i had told len about the tail light panel, if i had only known he needed one while i was there i would have brought that back as well :( i cant remember if the bumper was still on the car or not or if the filler panel was still there. ill see if i can scare up the phone number so you can call, not shure if he would ship or not, just a small yard out in the middle of nowhere in the countryside no internet i know of. did have a few h bodys tho, pretty well rusted to crap.
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

Next

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair