Watch out below.

Moderator: Moderators

Watch out below.

Postby Buscop » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:25 am

Well I learned a valuable lesson the other day. The Monza is in the garage and covered. I'm doing insulation work on the ceiling and being very careful when near the car, but like some idiot I leave a stapler on a joist while getting some more insulation. Bump the ladder which bumps the joist which in turn knocks the stapler off and down she goes whacking the headlight bezel of the Monza..... :( ..ouch...Luckily it struck on a non-metal part and the repair should be straightforward. Sigh...... :bang:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Re: Watch out below.

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 am

Sometimes the worst things seem to happen right at home. Hope you get it repaired ok.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 73astregt » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:14 am

ouch russ! oh well now you have the first good mark on the car gives it a little personality now lol! now you can drive it like you stole it! seriously tho im shure you were pissed when it happened i would be. sorry to see your little beast get wounded, at least you can match the paint.
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

Postby Kenova » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:42 am

OUCH!! I'd be curled up in a closet bawling my eyes out after doing something like that.
I hope the repair goes well.

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby Buscop » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Well the good news is that after I sent out an email to several local bodyshops with a photo attached only one replied to my enquiry. His response was " wow what a rare car, love to see it, bring her in and we'll get her patched up".Colour match is no problem". So this shop in Port Hope ( 7km away) is the one where she is going to go to. A worker here in the project who owns a classic '55 Chev says this fellow is great and loves the older metal. :th:
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Buscop wrote:Well the good news is that after I sent out an email to several local bodyshops with a photo attached only one replied to my enquiry. His response was " wow what a rare car, love to see it, bring her in and we'll get her patched up".Colour match is no problem". So this shop in Port Hope ( 7km away) is the one where she is going to go to. A worker here in the project who owns a classic '55 Chev says this fellow is great and loves the older metal. :th:

Gotta love when you find someone that does good business... especially when its related to our cars.

I can relate....Let me see, there was the time I dropped the radiator I was checking out...right against the side of the car. Or the small filing cabinet I backed up against.
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair