vinyl top question

Moderator: Moderators

vinyl top question

Postby my79monza » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:55 pm

I have a newly aquired Monza coupe with a vinyl top.
I will replace the top If I can find someone to do it.
What has anyone done about the funky imatation chrome trim around the little side opera windows.
Mine is really bad, crumbles like soda crackers.
Any ideas is appreciated.
Thanks, Merle
my79monza

Re: vinyl top question

Postby rtm » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

somewhere recently on this site, someone wrote about drip rail moulding from advance auto parts.
I don't think it was large enough in diameter to mate to the corner pieces.(on formal window monza trim)
I purchased universal trim from J.C. whitney, same problem, only 3/8 " dia. need 1/2 " ? ? I think??
my search continues, GOOD LUCK , and let me know what you find.
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
rtm

1976 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Re: vinyl top question

Postby monza75tc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:57 am

Just a thought, might check with an upholstery shop that does vinyl tops and maybe they can get the larger. If so Let us know. I have the door edge guards on mine, of course my has a satin paint on the top, which doesn't look too bad, but might be interested in putting a top back on it. Of course the vinyl might stretch the smaller to the larger size as it will add some thickness tot he window metal, and the drip rail.

Dick
monza75tc

1975 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair