Spoiler

Moderator: Moderators

Spoiler

Postby Knasty » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:19 pm

What's a good non stock spoiler I could use on my 78 monza hatchback I plan on hitting up Alot of junkyards tomorrow and was wondering what to look for the guy who owned the car before me had some kind of camaro spoiler on it or something and it didn't look to bad but he wanted back and I never asked what it was so I'm in the dark any ideas
78 2+2 hatchback
05 aveo hatchback
Knasty

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Spoiler

Postby rickhunter1max » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 pm

I have one but I want its weight in gold for it

I been going to the SoCal junk yards for many years this is the only one I ever seen. Good hunting
rickhunter1max

1971 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby 77nighthawk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:31 am

This place shows they have a fiberglass reproduction of the original monza 3pc spoiler. They list for $169.00.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/monza.html

I don't know how good the quality is, it's the only place I've found on the net that makes them new. If anybody knows more about this company, feel free to chime in.
If it don't scare me, I don't want it.

the growing collection
1977 nighthawk
1979 Monza hb
77nighthawk

Postby rocketride » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:16 am

Stay away from them. Do a search here and read some of the threads on the subject. Members here aren't the only ones with complaints about Showcars. I did a search and found car board after car board and it's the same thing.

I found these while searching as well.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-parts-a ... -c8e8c.htm

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 10197.html

Jon
He who dies with the most toys.......is still dead.
rocketride

1980 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Postby spyderblue » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm

I can tell you first hand that showcars is a very frustrating place to deal with.
Between unanswered calls, unreturned messages, and repeatedly missed delivery dates, I did manage to get a spoiler center piece from him.He left me standing at the counter for an hour, because he had dropped it and broke the corner off, and was rebuilding it.
I just gave it away at the Monzaque this weekend, I ended up fixing the one I had instead.

Fixing a warped spoiler isn't that difficult or expensive. I used bumper repair kits to fill the low spots, then airfiled it with 40 grit to get it flat.
I can give you more detail on that if you need it. (Warped spoilers are cheap, even free)
Jim
79 Monza Spyder
82 BMW 320 twin carb turbo
98 Cavalier
spyderblue

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair