Side Mirror Relocate?

Moderator: Moderators

Side Mirror Relocate?

Postby olds70supreme » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:29 pm

How do the mirrors on a '75 Starfire mount to the doors? Is it possible to adjust their location? I would like to move them forward on the door about 4", they seem set too far back for me (I have the seat adjusted forward, I'm short).
olds70supreme

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Re: Side Mirror Relocate?

Postby sportriderok » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:04 pm

I have the same problem with the sport mirrors on my Monza. The mirrors are mounted to the door with 2 bolts from the back side of the door skin. They could be moved, but you would have to address 3 large holes in the door skin, two for the bolts and one for the remote cable. If I remember correctly, the door is reinforced in the mirror area, so you might have to work around that. The cable should be long enough to work in its intended location in the door. Should be a pretty simple job, as long as you have bodywork to do anyway.
sportriderok

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Coupe

Re: Side Mirror Relocate?

Postby sirrick4 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 pm

You have to pull the interior trim off the door and wind the window down. There are two 5/16" nuts that hold the mirror to the door. You will notice that there is a strengthener plate that is spot welded where the mirror sits. You might need to do the same when you move your mirror forward. Have fun getting at the nuts again when ya move it. Then all you have to do is fill the old holes and repaint
Rick ......1975 Monza 2+2
sirrick4

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair