Awe HAIL !!!

Moderator: Moderators

Awe HAIL !!!

Postby bab78monza » Sat May 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Thursday May 16,2013 we had a Tornado / Hail Storm come through my area... Everything I own got the Hell beat out of it including all my "black" tow trucks. My 78 2+2 (Lightning McQueen Clone) that I've owned for almost 25 years took a beating on the drivers side, hood & roof. Although it was nearing a makeover anyway.. now I have broken pieces and dents etc.
Pictures of my 78 two weeks ago:
Right after the storm:

Pictures of the damage:

Then my #'s matching 1977 Spyder that I paid $6000 for 5 weeks ago....
Before:

In my new "shop" put up 2 weeks ago but I still haven't figured a door set-up yet. ( I'm trying to keep the height so I can work on my 18 wheeler wrecker in the rain.

After the Storm:

If you look you can see the dings all over it...

I've got Full Coverage (Classic Car) on the "Lightning McQueen" car with State Farm and when I bought the Spyder I asked how many miles you can drive with
the Classic Car coverage? I was told there was no mileage limit but you technically should only drive it to Car Shows etc.. Well I was gonna go out and eat that
very night in it so I opted to go with "normal" full coverage until the new wears off and I'm not driving it as much.... Wish me luck..... :?
bab78monza

Re: Awe HAIL !!!

Postby stage169 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Sorry to see this! Hope it works out in your favor!

Not long ago my family was in Michigan when a tornado went by a half mile from my house. We lucked out big time with only some missing shingles. Brian
stage169

Re: Awe HAIL !!!

Postby vickyvega73 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Man that sucks. I've had my run ins with tornadoes too. It's hard on paint but I've had luck with a small propane torch and quenching the ding with a wet rag. It makes the hail dings pop back out. That hail stretches the metal. It's hard to unstretch it. Good luck.
vickyvega73

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair