How To Remove 74 Vega Hatch Glass

Moderator: Moderators

How To Remove 74 Vega Hatch Glass

Postby Fly-Ty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:33 pm

I would like to change my hatch glass but i do not how to remove it and to retain the chrome trim that surrounds it. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks
Fly-Ty

Re: How To Remove 74 Vega Hatch Glass

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:02 pm

I am pretty sure the Vega trim comes off the same way as the Monza you will need a trim removal tool like one of these, you will reach in under the trim and gently slide until you hook one of the clips, at which point you lift it off the trim by rocking the tool to release the trim and simply lift the trim off after you undo them all! There is another post with pic's links and way further description. You would get behind the "Clip" with the hook and pivot the tool on the peak at the top. I have broken a windshield with my tool you must ensure that there isn't any debris between the clip and glass or this will be a wasted effort to save the glass! Harry
window Trim Tools R.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsea ... Trim+tools
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair