rear fender replacement Monza -75

Moderator: Moderators

rear fender replacement Monza -75

Postby jorsten » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 am

Hello guy´s!
My rear fender´s on both sides are eaten up by rust! Does anyone replaced them before from for example an Camaro 75-81? They seem to look quite familiar to Monzas rear fenders. I have understand that body panels for H-body´s are very rare (specially in Sweden). I think that my fenders are not good enough to repair.. What should i do? Theres no need to be oem look and if ther wheelhouse is bigger than oem it´s a BIG +.

Best regard/ Joel (Sweden)
Monza -75 350/350
jorsten

Re: rear fender replacement Monza -75

Postby cjbiagi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 am

Never heard of anyone using Camaro quarters to replace Monza ones, I am sure they would require a fair amount of work. You could possibly use some of the metal from one to repair what you have. Can you show us some pics of your quarters so we can see how bad they are?
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: rear fender replacement Monza -75

Postby jorsten » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:49 am

I don´t find a cable to my phone right know but i can send a few pictures as soon i find the damn cable. The worst parts i around the back of the wheel opening, that curved part. It´s realy bad and it only consists of rust and "plastic padding". I have one option and that´s is to take de half front fender wheel opening ( i have a pair of extra) and weld it to the rear. Can you folks imagine any other wheel openings that can fit? (with some mods)
jorsten

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair