Monza body disaster

Moderator: Moderators

Monza body disaster

Postby rgsuperstrat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:43 am

So I got this great idea to take the fenders off of my 80 Spyder. I was gonna paint the backs, check for rust, you know, just tinker. Only to find out, the kid that owned it before me broke off all but one bolt that held the whole drivers side on. How did I not notice this? Maybe because a person would never think to look! Until now. So heres the problem: the broken bolts do not scare me, as they can be replaced after extraction (famous words huh). The deal is, the nose assembly that the headlights are in, plastic and all, is completely broken. The rubber cover is missing all but one of the rings it mounts with. So my question is, who makes the best inexpensive replacement for the nose? I dont really want to go one piece clip, but just the whole headlight assembly. This whole thing is reminding me of growing up restoring cars with my dad, and him always saying oh no, and me thinking it was alright. Amazing the older I get, the wiser, or less blind, I become.
rgsuperstrat

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby gerbsinmd » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:27 am

Paul,

If you want an original equipment nose check with Viking Auto Salvage, they had some stuff listed in the For Sale section, and they have stuff on e-bay frequently. Last time I checked, he had a 78-80 nose piece.

Darrel
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair