How do you know HOW rare your model is exactly?

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How do you know HOW rare your model is exactly?

Postby erik monza » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 am

Hello Marco

Ok. I got carried away a little, I thought I reed that in an article somewhere, but yes there is a limit to me knowing everything.

I will look up Irving Rybicki and read more about his work, this was also one of the most streamline cars of the day, when I drove it back from Sweden that snowing January the 6 there was almost no snow on the car after 700 km.

I can ad, that my car was priced out at 82.000. Swedish Kroner dec. 2009 about $12.000 the same as 10 years old BMW 5 series and Mercedes at Mats Bilar i Falun Sweden http://falun.matsbilar.se , so in this part of the world Monza´s are not cheap, now due to exporting the car to Denmark and therefor having no warranty, I got the price down, but in Denmark I still had to pay registration tax = 1/4 of the original registration tax add $3400, then another $740 because of the fuel economy.

As far as I know there is only 3 Monzas in Denmark, 2 Monza coupe and my Monza 2+2 as the only fastback, The world is so funny sometimes, guess who own one of the other ones, Yes the vehicle safety inspector, did we have fun - Yes what a day.

One of the big problem with classic - collect able cars, is that the number of people who can renovate and repair them fall sharply, this drives the cost and hassles of keeping them run up and out of reach for most people, who cannot do the work themselves.

But if you have the skills or know somebody who have, this is an adventure that is more fun and cheaper, than the 3 years of compulsory warranty service and the loss of value on a new boring - looking like all other cars - car - with an highly overrated fuel mileages, we just had one on the news, where a little KIA was supposed to run 24 km on a liter( 64miles/gallon) in every day real world use, it got only 14km/liter (35 miles /gallon) the problem here is that cars now are being taxed according to their rated fuel economy, not their real fuel economy.

So to all the environmental people, do not buy a new car, because of the environment or global warming, before you know the amount of the pollution, coming from the making of the raw materials, and transporting all of it, and later the pollution from the making of car parts from it, and the transporting of these parts, to use in new cars, and all the pollution from all the people going back and forth, to work to built these cars, on top you can put the pollution from the shipping, where there is no rules as to fuel quality or smog emissions, transporting these cars around the world, cars where most of them, will last no more than 10 years, witch means you need 5 cars in a life time, compared to 2 cars of the old kind, that would last 35 years or more, that is a differences of number of car owner in the world x 3, that is a lot of unnecessary cars being build due to lower quality, so please don´t tell me, how environmental your little new car from the far east is.

So please let us do something good for the environment, keep your old car as long as possible and keep it in good shape, make all things last as long as possible, that is good for the environment.

Thanks to everybody from Erik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erik - - - Thanks everybody, I enjoy this community
in 77 I had a 1974 Vega GT w auto - from 77 till 79 a1975 Monza 2+2 262 w 4 speed - from 80 till 85 a 1978 Monza Spyder 305 w auto - from 2010 on a1976 Monza 2+2 262 w auto change to 305TPI w 4speed auto (my 4th H body)
erik monza

Location: Hotel Brinkly - Denmark- Helsingor.-. former Canadian - Calgary - private email: gterik@gmail.com

Previous

Return to Factory Original Purist