NOS in GM Boxes

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

NOS in GM Boxes

Postby miragezx1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:49 pm

I am now going through my 30 year old stash of H-body parts and am locating a lot of NOS stuff in GM boxes. Is there a reference within the internet to show if the parts and boxes are numbered correctly within that box in conjunction with the right year of car? I have found decals for the Nighthawk, Skyhawk front emblems, center cap for the aluminum wheel, etc and I know that I have Monza stuff in other boxes that I have not reached yet.
Can someone advise me about how to double check the part number on the part and box to determine the year? Is there an internet site with that info?
miragezx1

Re: NOS in GM Boxes

Postby galant-gti-2.0 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Are you going to/ selling some of that stuff?? If so, please pm me with your Skyhawk stuff. Extremely interested. I'm completely rebuilding my Skyhawk and want most parts to be NOS.
galant-gti-2.0

1978 Buick Skyhawk

Postby miragezx1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:01 pm

After I go thru all of my storage units ( 4 each 10x 30 ) I will put them up for sale. This is one heck of a task to downsize all of this stuff, I have accumulated the last 30 years.
miragezx1

Postby stage169 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I would suggest warming up to a local GM dealership parts counter. A local Chevy dealership has looked up numbers for the past 10 years for me.

I'm sure people here also have a lot of info. I have a lot of Buick part numbers. I think there are only three different Skyhawk emblems, Alum. wheels were only two years for the Hawk. I'm pretty sure I have all the decal part numbers for the SkyHawk also. Can't wait to see those center caps for the Hawk alum. wheel. :D Brian
stage169

Postby res0o7eb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:08 pm

The Cosworth Vega Owners Association put together some sort of parts list database through some heroic efforts of a few members.
Perhaps Dick can chime in here and suggest how the CVOA can help with your gigantic parts stash.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby miragezx1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 am

Well, I found a suitcase full of more stuff in NOS boxes. This is like a treasure hunt! I am moving my way slowly towards the back of one of the four storage units. I recently also rediscovered my Skyhawks new car window sticker and build sheet as well as new car brochure, and salesman books on options, colors and upholstery. So, I am getting where I want to be, except I would like to have all of the part numbers. I know I have a Hollander somewhere in all that stuff too as well as a NOS Mirage front air dam and two used Mirage Kits, plus more. I am going to try and get all of the H-body stuff together in one place.
miragezx1

Postby greg72 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 am

miragezx1 wrote:Well, I found a suitcase full of more stuff in NOS boxes. This is like a treasure hunt! .............. I am going to try and get all of the H-body stuff together in one place.

As far as "one place", I nominate my house. I'll store it all for free :)
Greg
greg72

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby miragezx1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks for your offer, but I will pass on that storage at your place.
I forgot to mention that I also came across two trunks that I have yet to open. I do remember that I had a "No Parking"
sign "MONZA MIRAGES ONLY" in there and some motor mounts for the v8, plus who knows what else. I think some Monza emblems in NOS boxes. My wife is trying to convince me to sell the Skyhawk and include all of this stuff in the sale.
miragezx1

Return to Factory Original Purist