Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Re: first generation vega front spoiler

Postby cosvega76 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am

cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby gotmud7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I saw that one on ebay also. It scares me though. I bought one just like that from Rod n Race a few years ago. It was too narrow. There was about a half inch gap between the two pieces when installed. I'd like to see a picture of this one on the car. Mark
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Scooter66 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:57 pm

VFN update,They Suck.I called them monday around 4 in the afternoon eastcoast time and was told"Sorry we were at a show and couldn't get to it....our guy will look at your photos tuesday and get right back to you".So i gave them my phone number again just in case.After no return call tuesday i waited through wednesday then talked to my credit card company thursday and was told i have to send it back before they will help.I called Jessica at VFN at 3:20 Thursday and was told it has to go from boss to boss to the owner of the company before it gets return approval and was told"DO NOT RETURN IT".I am sending it out tonight insured for $200 and with notification of delivery and a signiture required,at least i'll have documentation of an attempted return.If they don't want it back they won't sign for it,if they do sign for it then we'll see what happens.If they drag to long there will be nothing to do.BEWARE of VFN
Scooter66

Postby Scooter66 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Did you see that guys rating,23 transactions with an 88.9 rating? GotMud7 do you still have the narrow one?
Scooter66

Postby Scooter66 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm so ticked I forgot the rest of the story.I was told i would recieve a call before the end of the day today.So at 20 min to 6 with still no call I called them ,and guess what,NO ANSWER.I let it ring a good thirty or forty times,hey if i'm irritated they're irritated.Is illinois central time? :bang:
Scooter66

Postby Racin Jason » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Yes i believe we're on central time.
Our blessed mother of acceleration dont fail me now. -Elwood Blues
Racin Jason

Postby gotmud7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 pm

VFN was atthe World of Wheels show over the weekend. Before you send it back to VFN, have you thought about selling it on ebay, or to another member here on h-body?

I sent my 2 rod n race spoilers back, but never got my money back from them. My credit card company refunded me and they ate the $320.00 I paid for 3 spoilers. Use 1, sell 2. But none fit.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Scooter66 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I sent it back last night UPS,signiture required,notification of delivery and insured for $200.I called the credit card company gave them the tracking number and they said I'd have my dough back in a couple of days.One of the funny things was the shipping to me UPS at 5lbs was $29 and change,going back with extra insurance was $17.I think they're even double dipping,no surprise at this point.Sorry about sending it back ,but it was the only way to get the full amount back.If they refuse delivery and the credit card company still gets my dough I'll let you know.
Scooter66

Postby DrCAS » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Scooter,

I don't think that they are "double dipping"... Shipping and handling is just that... shipping AND handling. Their employees don't work work for free. BTDT...
"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

1973 Pontiac Astre Panel Express
DrCAS

Previous

Return to Factory Original Purist