weatherstripping

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

weatherstripping

Postby Lespaul59 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 am

Got a 79 Spyder and need the part numbers for the window channel seals and the seal that goes on the top of the frame where the door closes on. Trunk weatherstripping would be nice to if anyone knows anyone that has that too.Someone before , I once read, had the number for one of those from J.C. Whitney. I still need all.
Lespaul59

Re: weatherstripping

Postby cjbiagi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 pm

You will not find any NOS weatherstrip around. I have some very nice window glass run channels and may be able to get a nice hatch seal, or do you have a notchback? The roof rail weatherstrip is a bit more of a challenge. cjbiagi@yahoo.com FYI, I will be unavailable until next Monday.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby monza75tc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 am

You might try Bethel's goat farm. Good quality stuff

http://www.goatfarm.com/

Dick
monza75tc

1975 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Postby cjbiagi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:35 am

The window glass channel from there ( they are the same as "Weatherstrip Special") is what started me looking for some proper fitting seals. The issues did not originate from me but from other members who purchased from there. Here's the entire thread :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31124&hilit=window+channel
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby cjbiagi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:16 pm

If anyone is interested I have 2 more sets of glass run channels. They are $29.99 per door. I will be listing them on ebay next week if there are no takers here.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Lespaul59 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 am

Are they for the hatchback cars? Also who makes them?
Lespaul59

Postby monzajer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 am

Les, WELCOME! Since Clyde is away at the show I will try to fill in the blanks as best as possible. Clyde will clarify anything I may not have correct. Anyway, first and not to be rude, did you read his link to the original thread about the channel felts? It is all explained there.

I do not know from whom he gets the felts and as far as I know he found something that will work for our needs, but not made SPECIFICALLY for our cars. Clyde is pretty ingenious when trying to fill in the gaps of missing/hard to find parts for us. His cowl seal is the same way. No one makes it specifically for the cars(that I'm aware of). He buys a length of seal and some clips, takes his time to cut it to proper length, cut the little holes where the clips go and inserts the clips.

The window channel felts that I have purchased from him are for the HB. I assume the felts he has presently are for the HB as well. He can answer that for sure.

And if I remember correctly he is trying to find some seal material for the hatch seal, as well.

Any other questions Clyde will be happy to answer. Just wait till Monday when he returns to the forum.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and have fun.

cheers jer :mrgreen:
Last edited by monzajer on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby Lespaul59 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 pm

You guys help more than you know.
Lespaul59

Return to Factory Original Purist