Vintage Vehicle Services & Your Low Production H body

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Vintage Vehicle Services & Your Low Production H body

Postby stage169 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 am

I know that some of us here have these reports for our cars. If your car was built or sold in Canada they have all the production records for it. But like a lot of people out there VVS was not aware of some of the option codes for the H body. So if you have a report and it is missing a code that you know should be on your car I would email George Zapora george.zapora@cc.gm.ca He has recently checked two old reports and made corrections. One was for Ron's Mirage and the other was for Peter P.'s Buick Nighthawk. Both reports were corrected with the option code and production totals.

It might be a good idea to give either VVS or GM Heritage a heads up when you order the vehicle information. On the Mirage ZX1 code George said it is denoted in a different spot and normally not a recognized code, so we are able to document these cars if they were factory ordered. The Chevy report shows 4,097 ZX1 codes and VVS records show 4,124. I'm sure the 27 other ZX1's went to different markets like the Nighthawk.

The Nighthawk code is WH6 but also includes DX5 and the report only showed DX5 with no hint of any stripe package. On the Nighthawk WH6 code George said Of the 1386 there were 1383 for USA and 3 for other markets but I cannot identify those 3 markets. I assume at least one went to Europe. I will post the corrections to his address in Austria and see if it works, Because of Peter we know one went to Austria. The last Emperor of Austria had a daughter who purchased the car. Parked it for over 10 years because of bad sight. After she passed the car was discovered and for her estate sale put on ebay over there.

If your car was built in the U.S. you can check with GM Heritage and get some information it varies from model to model how complete their records are.

I just wanted to put this out there incase anyone else thought their report came up short or somebody is thinking about ordering a vehicle info pack. George Z. has got our backs he has been very nice in helping out with these questions.

Brian
stage169

Return to Factory Original Purist