H-code monza 2+2 question

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

H-code monza 2+2 question

Postby millpondmonster » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:57 pm

I have a 1975 H-code Monza 2+2,that I bought from the original owner about 20 years ago. He said it was all original at that time. The drivetrain all checks out to be numbers matching. I have not changed anything on the drivetrain, but it has a Quadrajet setup on it instead of the two barrel carb. So my question is....Can anyone give me model or part numbers for the carb and intake that it would have on it "IF" this was the way that it came from the factory or dealer. Thanks for any help you can give.
millpondmonster

Re: H-code monza 2+2 question

Postby cjbiagi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 pm

From my understanding there were only two prototype 4 barrel 350 Monza's made in 1975 and those were "K" code engines. The 350's that were put in other Monza's in 1975 (California only) had the "H" code engine with 2 barrel carbs. So, it sounds as though someone swapped a 4 barrel on their at some point.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: H-code monza 2+2 question

Postby millpondmonster » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm

After my curiosity got the better of me, I went to where the car is to check it out. I have not had the hood up on this car for 15-16 years. I thought it was a four barrel, but it is not. (poor memory I guess)
It is definitly a two barrel. The factory sticker is still on the core support. It is extremely brittle, but was able to clean enough of it off to find the 1975 350 2 bbl portion of it. Time is taking it toll on this car, the engine is stuck and rust is starting to get to the drivers side door. I am going to have to get busy on restoring this one soon, or there won't be enough left to fix. Thanks.
millpondmonster

Return to Factory Original Purist