Engine Picture

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Engine Picture

Postby 1100kaw2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm

I have an idea. I am going to fabricate an engine cover for my LS. Prob out of sheet aluminum. I Think it would be a hoot to have a picture of a very detailed original 4cyl engine on my LS cover. Vinyl graphic or ?
My request is, Is there a chance AN original Vega guy would shoot me some pics?
I was thinking a couple shots strait down on the engine compartment. Prob have to stand on a ladder or something to get em.
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Darrell
Darrell

72 LS-5spd.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33788
1100kaw2

Re: Engine Picture

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Darrell you can do this with a "high quality" picture and some clear if I remember it correctly from an older book I read as kid "The Art Of Custom Painting" during the "Van" days of the '70's, as I recall you take a high quality picture and Clear it with a few coats and the remove it from ? (whatever they told us to paint it on) and wash the (photo) paper off the back then clear what you wanted to install it on, and with the clear wet place the acryllisation(?sp) face up onto your panel and when dry add more clear. If I remember this right that is, I can look this up for you if you are interested. I read this book the first time in or around 1975+/- so a quick check is in order before we waste any pic's! I think that is a devilish idea this plan of yours :twisted: :th: "Just Sayin' with out really knowing" Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Engine Picture

Postby 1100kaw2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 am

Harry
I have actually done that trick. Took nice magazine picture, sprayed clear on it. Let it dry. Soaked in water and rubbed paper off back side. Then squeegee it on a wet clear panel. let dry, wet sand a little, air brush the edges to fade it in. Then clear all.
turned out real cool.
I just need a good stock 4 cyl. engine pic.
Strait down view.
Darrell

72 LS-5spd.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33788
1100kaw2

Return to Factory Original Purist