Looking for Photos of "11V" Interior for 1977 Monza

Research results, details, and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Looking for Photos of "11V" Interior for 1977 Monza

Postby R07Addict » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm

stage169 wrote:Well now that you've let the cat out of the bag :D I would like to see the Nighthawk!!! :th:

Brian

Hi Brian . . . following your lead, I will get a project thread with pictures started soon. When you see the photos, you'll likely have flashbacks to 2009 :) By the way, I PM'd you after reading your thread.

Mike
Current Garage
1977 Monza Mirage (Restored by Vern Dahnke of Dahnke Auto Restorations, Mulino, OR)
1977 Monza 2+2, R07, V8 (I saved it from being turned into rebar - it is my resto-mod project.)
1977 Nighthawk - This is a rusted out shell that was someone's parts car.)
Ones I Let Go
1975 Starfire (My first car. Sold in 1984, Santa Rosa, CA ... Still hoping to find it! Any leads appreciated.)
1979 Skyhawk (Stock, 2 owner, 26K mile car, sold to an enthusiast in SD in 5/16.)
---------------------
Mike's H-Body Pages
R07Addict

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby stage169 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

:th: Wish I did have a Nighthawk!

I don't remember all the threads but I have done some digging up so to speak. One of the best stories I think is when Bryan was contacted from Mr. P. Polasek from Switzerland. He bought a Nighthawk off ebay there that had low miles and wasn't real expensive for its condition. The car was found on the estate of a women who was the daughter of the last Emperor of Austria. She did not drive later in life because of her sight but kept the car. Only after she died the car was found and ended up on ebay.

Peter bought a resto pack from GM Canada and it really lacked any info about the Nighthawk option for his car. That was back in 2005 and it was after that when I found out the Sloan Museum had the production numbers for the 77 Skyhawks. Armed with this and other new info I contacted GM Canada and they corrected and sent a new resto pack to Peter. The new pack included the Nighthawk production totals and both RPO codes for the Nighthawk. If you haven't seen the resto pack before lots of us here can show you examples. I go often to the Mecum Auction in Indianapolis and a lot of cars have the resto packs displayed for proof of the car. Kind of cool if you like that sort of stuff.

One of the GM design studio guys gives credit to the prototype Nighthawk for influencing the Buick Grand National car for being all black. The pictures on Bryan's web site of the prototype are on the design studio patio which had turntables to slowly spin the cars around. The engineer responsible for blacking out his own Skyhawk and showing it to the brass has a Son-in-Law that sent us those pictures.

Better stop me now I could go on and on...... One other thing, on the cowl tag you will see 19L 19U 19A. Triple black with the 19A being a black stripe. You won't see that very often!

Here is a resto pack to check out. Where this one shows DX4 yours would say DX5 and Where this one shows WH2 yours would say WH6. Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stage169

Postby stage169 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm

mahoy78spyder wrote:Ok... back on topic. I just found this tonight in the closet... an old photo album of mine that ranges in dates from the mid-80's to the early 90's. Here is a couple pics of the 11V interior (from the outside unfortunately) of my old C06 '76 Skyhawk. (it had the black accents as well) Even from a distance, I think that interior looks fine. :th:

It's like an H body convoy going on there :th:
stage169

Postby mahoy78spyder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:00 pm

yeah, 3 Spyders and a Skyhawk (there's a black '77 Spyder that's barely visible in back).... those were the days.... :th:
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby mahoy78spyder » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 pm

I realize your plans have changed now, and the 11V interior won't work in the Nighthawk, but since you seem to like them so much, here is one more pic of an 11V interior in a Mirage that's for sale currently. Looks good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby R07Addict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Thank you for the post, Ken. I agree . . . that does look good. And as far as plans, I have no clue yet exactly what I am going to do. Plans seem to change daily at this point. I pulled up part of the carpet in the Nighthawk and the rot is pretty bad. Hopefully will get time this week to gut the interior and get a better feel for what shape it is really in.
Current Garage
1977 Monza Mirage (Restored by Vern Dahnke of Dahnke Auto Restorations, Mulino, OR)
1977 Monza 2+2, R07, V8 (I saved it from being turned into rebar - it is my resto-mod project.)
Ones I Let Go
1975 Starfire (My first car. Sold in 1984, Santa Rosa, CA ... Still hoping to find it! Any leads appreciated.)
1979 Skyhawk (Stock, 2 owner, 26K mile car, sold to an enthusiast in SD in 5/16.)
---------------------
Mike's H-Body Pages
R07Addict

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby R07Addict » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Brian,

Thank you for posting the resto pack example. I have started looking into it but need to figure out the project first :) Since this thread has gotten way off topic, I will start a new one once I get my username change figured out. Thanks again everyone for posting the 11V interior pics. Who knows, I may end up working on the Monza. Mike
Current Garage
Ones I Let Go
---------------------
Mike's H-Body Pages
R07Addict

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby dschnei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Here are more pictures of the 11V interior in my 1977 Mirage, the one posted earlier is that car.
dschnei

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Previous

Return to Factory Original Purist