The Caveman project!

Best technical articles on the forums. Send nominations to the admins. You can reply to topics but only admins can make new ones.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Caveman project!

Postby gt350fme » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:06 pm

more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gt350fme

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby gt350fme » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Weight of front spindle assembly by areospace.
A pillar boxed and trim was deleted, I may make a small headliner.
PIc of the car above as it was when it came off the trailer when we moved, had to completely disassemble everything and then carefully reassembled after the move, the areospace brakes are completed and blead, the break pedal feels normal when pushed so I presume they work.
Replaced the rag joint in the steering with a Borgeson unit which really tightened things up in my case.
Also interfaced the old wiring harness to the new dash and to the v8 under the hood but have not completed the battery relocation in the spare tire well yet.
Jegs dinomat like insulation was installed from high firewall to back of front seat area, probably add more to the back area, not liking the extra weight but it is what it is.
I have more pics but no data left at this time to make that happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gt350fme on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gt350fme

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby gt350fme » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:01 pm

More pics.
The speedo cable for the 200r4 had to come through the side of the tunnel, a recess could be made to fit a 90 degree adapter instead, I don't like the cable running across the floor but it works.
Throttle linkage for the 200r4 TV cable is done, the the kit throttle cable end support flexed to much for me so I made up my own, the stock throttle cable also had to be shortened a little.
The Porsche seats identical to my 944 seats, not a bolt in but I was able to make them fit and recline, made my own seat brackets to sit as low as possible .
B&M shifter is installed and working.
gt350fme

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Best Of