specialty tools for h bodys what did you make?

Best technical articles on the forums. Send nominations to the admins. You can reply to topics but only admins can make new ones.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: specialty tools for h bodys what did you make?

Postby Vegabee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Not special to H-body's but we prob use jacks as much if not more that any one else.Got myself one of these from Jegs and it is a pleasure to use compared to the big old steel Craftsman that I was swinging around.Set that Craftsman 3 ton out by the street with a 'free' sign on a away it went!
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... 7/10002/-1
Vegabee

Postby zeke » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Hadn't seen this thread until Fred informed me of it just now but I came up with basically the same idea. Middle 3/4" of a 12 point plug socket with a nice wrench welded on from the inside. Works very well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:04 am

Home made slide hammer for pulling rear axle bearings. Worked great and cost nothing but a couple hours. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:37 am

Home-Made trim tools for tapping out dings and dents in the aluminum trim pieces. Also shown is a rod we are going to use with a drill to pump up the oil pressure before we start the engine.
74_Vega_GT

Previous

Return to Best Of