Heater core help

Moderator: Moderators

Heater core help

Postby utah vega » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Not sure where else to put this so I guess I'll try here... I have had to drive my car the past couple weeks and it is in the single digits here! I'm tired of freezing my butt off and need to find a heater core! So just curious if there are any other cores out there that I can make work since they seem impossible to find? I just need some kind of heat source into my car haha
utah vega

Re: Heater core help

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I just sold one for a Monza without AC and we pretty much determined it will fit a Vega. The difference is the length of the tubes with a Monza being a little longer because it is reversed in the heater box for clearance purposes with a V8. Unfortunately Monza heater cores without AC are practically impossible to find too. I have a few extra new ones that I got for myself and as I mentioned just let one go, I'd have to check and see what I actually have left.
I may actually still be able to get a correct Vega one but they are expensive. If you need one feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do. If anyone else is interested let me know, maybe I can get a bulk deal, I'd be glad to investigate............ cjbiagi@yahoo.com
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby utah vega » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 pm

What exactly are the differences between a/c and non a/c? Is there anyway I could make an a/c version work? Thanks for all the help man!
utah vega

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:17 am

Hi there! If you can get a new one from Clyde that would be my 1st choice. if that doesn't work out i have a few that I can part with(non A/C Monza), but again go new if possible these are OLD! price will be cheap +test & shipping I wouldn,t want to ship junk to you! Let me know and Good Luck Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby duckblaster67 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 am

I've got a non-A/C Monza heater core on ebay NOW! Clean & tested ready to go! :th:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160959414642?ss ... 1555.l2649
duckblaster67

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to Engine Tech