sbc alternator to crank pulley belt length

Moderator: Moderators

sbc alternator to crank pulley belt length

Postby 2boleys » Tue May 14, 2013 12:57 am

I trying to get a belt number for a sbc alternator set up using the long waterpump bracket on the passenger side going down to the crank pulley and bypassing the waterpump. I'm running a Menzire electric waterpump and with our Chain store type auto parts stores now all the can tell you is whats on their computer and it really confuses them when I say I need an alternator to crank pulley belt for 75 Chevy Vega with a 377 sbc with no water pump pulley. All help would be appreciated. Thanks

alt2.jpg
2boleys

Re: sbc alternator to crank pulley belt length

Postby cjbiagi » Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 am

That's a unusual setup so the best way would be to take a string or rope and wrap it around the pulleys to get close to the correct length. With the length known you should be able to go to the parts store and find an appropriate length belt. Make sure the alternator is adjusted in the middle of its' adjustment range when measuring so that you have a little leeway for error.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: sbc alternator to crank pulley belt length

Postby 2boleys » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks I just saw a few pics on here with others who did the exact same thing that were talking about their alternator bracket setup the pics were just too small to see their belt numbers.
2boleys

Return to Engine Tech