link to powerbyace ls oil pan kit

Moderator: Moderators

link to powerbyace ls oil pan kit

Postby monzaaddict » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Last edited by monzaaddict on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
monzaaddict

Re: link to powerbyace ls oil pan

Postby monzaaddict » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:42 pm

They are looking for an affordable local welder with the capability of welding die cast aluminum so that a complete ready to install pan will be available in the future.
monzaaddict

Postby mahoy78spyder » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 pm

I was looking at this page the other day and thought to myself that it looked as if that pan was not welded together and simply mocked up. The fact that they're looking for a welder makes sense. Interesting pan design and I'm interested... but would like a little more description/explanation as to how it clearances the steering. Either way, still very glad to see a company tackling this.
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:37 am

He also mentioned they are looking into having the pan built out of sheetmetal like the champ/autokraft/pacific fabrication pans ( I believe all made by champ pans). I like the skid plate option on the pacific fabrication version.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/motor-tr ... l-pan.html
Last edited by monzaaddict on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monzaaddict

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:57 am

http://www.powerbyace.com/

He is positioning the engine in the exact location as a factory installed small block in a Monza with regard to the height and offset in chassis of the crank centerline and the distance from the firewall of the bell housing mounting flange at the rear of the block. He has different mounts available for stock v8 plates or 4cyl plates that accomplish this. For v6 applications either get stock v8 plates and use his mounts or he has adapters/spacers that are substituted in place of the stock 4cyl plates and then use his 4cyl mounts. The 4cyl mounts actually are closer to the original ls engine mount position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monzaaddict

Return to Engine Tech