dual exhaust

Moderator: Moderators

dual exhaust

Postby mirage_brat » Fri May 29, 2015 3:23 pm

I was wondering how id be able to run dual exhaust on my 1975 monza with stock manifolds. Anybody have pictures of their setup? :? :? :?:
mirage_brat

Re: dual exhaust

Postby jim327monza » Fri May 29, 2015 5:31 pm

There are several sets of pictures in this section, I don't remember where they are are but if you type in exhaust in the search block it should lead you to them. You may want to consider using gen 3 camaro manifolds as their available in 2" and 2.25" and will fit with out modification. They exit in basically the same location as stock manifolds. One word of caution, you need to be sure that your heads have the extra mounting hole for the exhaust or use an adapter plate.
jim h
jim327monza

Postby MonzaRacer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Dual exhaust is a bitch with torque arm in place. Converting to 3 link or 4 link let's exhaust run next to ds and yo can hang it from seatbelt bolts.
Watch where rear tubes go over rear as gas tank is offset to one side.
I am working with aguy at Ridetech to make a bolt in upper cross member to 4 and 3 links set ups are easier.
And a reinforced upper mount allowing CoilOvers and ShockWave to be installed without it trying to punch through floors.
Also have a way on paper to reinforce and mods stock arms fro CoilOver use. To get enough shock travel I may even design a weld in mount extention for front upper mount too.
Been long Tim getting to place where can move forward on these parts. Last fab guy stole and scrapped my other prototypes.
Got judgement on him now waiting on judge to hang it all on his paycheck.
If exhaust is laid right along tunnel it fits well and doesn't hang down. And other cthan couple bends is nearly same as Chevelle exhaust as I pulled mine fro. My wrecked 71 Monte and just made couple,three cuts with 4 in grinder to get it to fit then welded it back up.
Used Flowtech Afterburners and turn downs, never got tailpipes. If hadn't wrecked it was gonna make something like boom tubes.
MonzaRacer

Postby hammerdown7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 pm

See this thread, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43234

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby cjbiagi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Running duals is not that hard if you have a good plan and a good guy who knows how to bend pipe. The pictures of my car in the other thread are connected to headers but it's pretty much the same coming off of the stock exhaust manifolds. Ground clearance is excellent running it this way (worst part is the 2135 headers that have one of the 3 flange bolts right at the bottom, if you notice I have it cut off and spot welded). However mounting the two mufflers along side the gas tank where the stock muffler was gives you the best clearance and appearance in my opinion. You just have to select your mufflers correctly and run 2 1/4" pipes for added clearance around the shock and panhard bar. The only thing I would do different if I had to would be to not use the 3 bolt flange on the headers. It would be better to cut the flange off and connect the 2 1/2" collector directly to the exhaust pipe.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Return to Engine Tech