Engine mounts for supercharged engine

Moderator: Moderators

Engine mounts for supercharged engine

Postby finest20 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 pm

My Vega currently has the V8 mount kit the uses the longer bolts to hold the mounts to the water pump holes. It is the typical V8 swap kit found in Summitt or Jegs. This fall I would like to look into getting a crate engine that is supercharged. Obviously with the blower belt system in front of the motor, my current engine mounts will not work. My question is for anyone out there who currently has a blown Vega. Can you tell me how you mounted your engine to the frame, and possibly send pics and the names on places you bought your mounts from. I just would like an idea of what needs to be done to my Vega now in order to mount this new engine. Thank you
finest20

Re: Engine mounts for supercharged engine

Postby blownvega1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm

I used hooker mounts I think they are the same as you have ,I mounted the alternator right on the right mount and used an idler to bend the v belt around the blower belt tensioner v belts do not like that but I would get two years out of a belt with no problems the engine was set back a few inches to make more room for the blower belt plan on running a good sized exhaust system .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blownvega1

Postby b_pappy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Do you run a mid plate too, or just that front mount, and the trans mount?
Bruce
b_pappy

Postby blownvega1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm

front mounts and trans mount ,that is original vega frame rails at that time aside from inner fender's cut out Alex
blownvega1

Postby sugaryuk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:31 am

Here's a few, hope they help. I put the blower/crank pulley on loose so positioning is not exact ( pics are after my crank fiasco so excuse the mess!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sugaryuk

Postby sugaryuk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:36 am

more....
sugaryuk

Return to Engine Tech