powerbyace ls headers,motor mounts

Moderator: Moderators

powerbyace ls headers,motor mounts

Postby chenz1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Has anyone used powerbyace ls headers,motor mounts.If so were you satisfied with them..??
chenz1

Re: powerbyace ls headers,motor mounts

Postby 9secCosworth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Sorry for a late response...Yes I just purchased the LSx Headers PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th:
9secCosworth

Postby Smiley » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Can you post pics of them installed ?
Smiley

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Yes, please post pictures. Did you use his mounts and pan kit?
monzaaddict

Postby brody2855 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I used the p.b.ace motor mounts and I used sanderson shorties headers and no problems as of yet,all went together fine.
brody2855

Postby chenz1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:08 pm

can you please post pics of lsx headers and p.b.ace motor mounts and sanderson shorties headers installed
chenz1

Postby chenz1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:40 am

9secCosworth did you install headers yet
chenz1

Postby day2vega » Fri May 13, 2016 8:41 am

chenz1 wrote:Has anyone used powerbyace ls headers,motor mounts.If so were you satisfied with them..??

I used the motor mounts, only to mockup my motor in a way of location while trying to figure out my location for my front motor mount install...

Honesty I thought they were kinda flimsy and thin...Really wasn't impressed at all, if I had to use them I would not feel confident with the mounts...just my opinion, which probably means nothing...
day2vega

Postby 9secCosworth » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:08 am

Smiley wrote:Can you post pics of them installed ?

Sorry for not posting sooner, hope the pics are helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9secCosworth

Postby monzaaddict » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:12 am

Did you use the powerbyace oil pan, transmission crossmember? Did you buy the side mounts and then decide to use the front plate instead?
pics of the pan please.
Can you post pics of the clearance on the drivers side between engine and firewall,
clearance between header and steering box coupler.
Will the stock hood clear with an air cleaner?
monzaaddict

Postby 9secCosworth » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:09 pm

monzaaddict wrote:Did you use the powerbyace oil pan, transmission crossmember? Did you buy the side mounts and then decide to use the front plate instead?
pics of the pan please.
Can you post pics of the clearance on the drivers side between engine and firewall,

I didn't buy the motor mounts, decided to use a plate instead, for me it was easier since i had the material. I Altered the stock pan, later I discovered Holley has a pan that works too, they call it a "retro fit" pan, the other GM pans DO NOT CLEAR!!!!!! I'll get better pics this weekend, but here are a few more I have now... An air cleaner won't fit :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9secCosworth

Postby 6D9 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 pm

9secCosworth wrote:
monzaaddict wrote:Did you use the powerbyace oil pan, transmission crossmember? Did you buy the side mounts and then decide to use the front plate instead?
pics of the pan please.

I didn't buy the motor mounts, decided to use a plate instead, for me it was easier since i had the material. I Altered the stock pan, later I discovered Holley has a pan that works too, they call it a "retro fit" pan, the other GM pans DO NOT CLEAR!!!!!! I'll get better pics this weekend, but here are a few more I have now... An air cleaner won't fit :(

Thanks for the pics! I was chatting with ya on your youtube vids a few days ago. What type of air filter did you try and fit? Looks like a nice drop base filter would work. I have one from Allstar Performance has a nice 1.75" drop top it. Any pics of the clearance from the headers to the ground/body? Thanks
72 Vega GT...406 sbc..TH700R4...3.42 gear...235/60/15 MT DR's....11.54 at 118.6..Dad's car
72 Vega GT...4cyl..4 speed..all stock
6D9

Return to Engine Tech