AFR Eliminator Heads with Hooker 2129 Headers

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AFR Eliminator Heads with Hooker 2129 Headers

Postby EVL VEGA » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Small update:
About 3 weeks ago i upgraded from my off brand generic 16" pusher fan to a Spal pusher. Also changed the mounting method from the through the fins to a better bracket mount system with spal gasket to make a better seal with rad surface. I used a relay since the thing draws about 19amps while running and spikes at double that when it turns on.
While i was doing that i wired up a capillary style fan controller. Since i'm not running a thermostat it takes a long time to warm up if the fan and waterpump are running. I have it set pretty low so as soon as i get to temp the fan starts and stays on.
It really makes a difference. Those spal fans don't mess around.

Only about a month until the Barona Antique Drags. (April 30th)
http://www.baronadrags.com/
I've already roped my friends and wife into helping me.
I drive my car to the track so it's a little hard to get the gas, tools, generator, etc into the back of a fully caged hatchback. Plus i don't know if tech would like that.

I dug my fire jacket out of retirement and bought a new open face Snell SA2010 helmet.

I'm a little nervous since it's been about 5 years since i drag raced last. I'm sure after the first run it'll all go away.

I really don't know if i'll be running nitrous this time to the track. I want to get it fully dialed in NA before i start using N2O.
Car is running really strong and i'm hoping i'll still get traction at the track with my sportsman pros. I haven't launched (on the street) on the transbrake yet because from a roll it breaks the tires loose. Don't think i'll have chance of traction on the street launching from the brake.

I'll make sure to update you guys when I get back from the track.
EVL VEGA

1973 Chevrolet Vega

Previous

Return to Engine Tech