DIPSTICK TUBING IN BLOCK( PAN AREA)/ BLOCKOFF HOLE FOR H

Moderator: Moderators

DIPSTICK TUBING IN BLOCK( PAN AREA)/ BLOCKOFF HOLE FOR H

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:51 pm

:?: I recently purchased a 350 that had recently been rebuilt,,and installed in a :shock: 87 jaguiar v8 conversion ,,,,,and running,, :roll: for my 75 monza 262 v8,,,(,REPLACEMENT/UPGRADE}, removing the dipstick extension 2 inch housing,,,, in the block,,,, (in the pan area),, is turning but wont come out i want to use a h- pan and it is in the way, can i drive it out from the upper block????,,,with a longer pin driver,,,, mine is to short,,,, the vice grips plier's {pipe style teeth} wiill surely crush the tubing if i grip it to aggesively,,,,,, :idea: what is the perfered way to block off the hole where the upper long tube is placed at the deck top,,,,,MIKE
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:43 pm

You can either get a small plug, similiar to a freeze plug, and tap it in or fill it with silicon. As far as i know the tube should just pull out.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:16 pm

Clyde; I will try that,,,,,, mean while the 2 inch tube sticking inside the pan area has been removed by driving it out,in the direction of where you pull the dip stick out of tube hole,,,,, there were two piece's ,,,,, the upper and the lower about 7 inches long ,,,,,,did not want to confuse any body else,,,,,, thanks Mike
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Engine Tech