peterpans 72 vega

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby DEMON Precision » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:42 pm

peterpan wrote:my car or nicks

i beleive the color on my car is called mediteranian blue i'm considering repainting it that color but i really like the light blue thats on the toyota tundra i think it would look awsome on my vega

it took me awhile to come up with the idea for the sub frame connectors i looked at what people had done before and i didn't like the connectors that stop by the tranny mount and i wanted to tie it in to the rear control arm mount so thats the best idea i came up with and i think it worked out pretty good but it took out the seat belt mount and a bolt hole for the seat bracket and i still need to figure out a way around them problems

nix car , it,s the only other vega i,ve seen that is that colour besides my POS LOL

and thanx for posting images of the work you,ve done on your 72 , i,m gonna add some extra welds in the front around the suspension like you did .

did you do anything with those wilwood discs yet ?? let me know if ya want to part with them down the road .

mikey

DEMON Precision

Postby Fasterthansome » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm

spyder_xlch wrote:Yeah, I see it better in that pic. I was thinking of running a tube up where your ground clamp is in that pic, up the firewall and tying in to the rail inside the inner fender. The way you did it is alot easier and looks to be just as strong. If you twist anything with that set-up you got more motor and traction then you need. :lol:

I ran tube up to where you are talking about but later had to cut it out because it interfered with my headers.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby peterpan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:48 pm

they are aero space brakes but no they are still holding my 72 gt off the ground

but yes if i decide to sell them i will let you know

i see all kinds of cars the same color as mine it must of been popular
second star to the right strait on till morning
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby DEMON Precision » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 am

peterpan wrote:they are aero space brakes but no they are still holding my 72 gt off the ground

but yes if i decide to sell them i will let you know

i see all kinds of cars the same color as mine it must of been popular

thanx Ray please do let me know on the brakes

and ya the light blue and blue colours seemed very popular for the early versions , my buddies 72 is a similair colour to the car in your avitar .

mikey
DEMON Precision

Postby vegagtfan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey Ray that's funny my buddy has a light blue 71 Vega Hatchback plainer jainer that looks like a twin to yours before you did all the work to it that is sitting right next to his shop we are useing it as a parts car to fixed both of are cars up along with a couple other ones the only thing that is diffrent is his has a white interior and your has the black interior

Travis
76 Vega Gt Hatchback V6
72 Vega Gt Hatchback V8
vegagtfan

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: peterpans 72 vega

Postby peterpan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

i was searching ebay and found a pass side chrome mirror for this car

its the only thing i have done for it in a long time
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby monzabug350 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:53 pm

I was looking at the pics of your car. I was curious as to how much blasting media you used and what grit/grade you used and how long it took. Also did you build a blasting booth or did you do it in the garage or outside? And do you have any updated pics of how you installed your frame connectors? Thanks in advance.
monzabug350

1979 Chevrolet Monza

Postby monzabug350 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Could you tell me how much media you used and the grit/grade to blast your car? And did you build a booth or do it in the garage? Thanks in advance.
monzabug350

1979 Chevrolet Monza

Postby speedphreake » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:58 pm

He doesn't get on here to much now so it may be days, weeks or even months before you get a reply. Be patient
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby peterpan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:55 pm

i did it in my garage. i hung plastic sheeting to make a makeshift blasting booth. i bought 2 bags of fine sand from a local place. i have no idea what grit it was. i swept it up and sifted it threw a screen and reused it over and over till i was done. and no the last progress i made was getting it a rolling chasis again. if you do it inside get a fan to vent the dust and some bright work lights. i was blind most of the time. and for sure use a good mask to protect you from the dust if it says silica for sure do not breath the dust.

sorry i took so long to answer. but life has taken me down a strange road kicked my ass and spit me back out. and i have been picking myself back up for awhile and rearanging my life. it has not left much time for my vega passion.

i can be reached at my email if anybody has a question about what i have done to my cars peterpan6373@yahoo.com
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby peterpan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:27 am

well my 72 just inherited a 327 i was building for my 74 i am building to sell.
i am a 350 guy but this 327 should do great in this car.

it will be a 4 bolt 350 block with a forged steel 327 crank and forged 30 over pistons. and camel back heads.
so far thats all the plan i know need to work the rest out with my engine builder.

i decided my build plan for my 74 would cost me more to build then i can sell it for. so i am cutting back the budget for the car and going with a used 305 and putting the 327 to better use in my 72 its been a few years since i done anything to this car.

i will post pics when it gets built.

350 horse 327 with a muncie should be a fun car to drive.
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby peterpan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 am

wow looking back threw this thread i came a long way in a short time. then life completly stopped my progress.
most of the work i have done to it at this point will never be seen.
life has changed for the better for me now. and i want to get back to work on this car. now that i can give it the attention to detail it deserves.

i did win a lower valance on ebay for 200 bucks for it the other day.
i still want a fiberglass one but for now the stock one will do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby peterpan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:19 am

how my vega sits right now hope to get back to it someday soon.

burried in a corner covered in dust.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby Kenova » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am

Don't feel bad, my Nova is in a similar position :bang:

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby peterpan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am

i am ashamed of how my 73 camaro sits its outside but at least no real work has been done to it yet so no rework when i get to it

my vega has only been outside for a few hours since 2004 moving from my garage to storage then back to the garage
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals