NixVegaGT

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NixVegaGT

Postby waybad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:13 am

man that's a lot of work is such a small space!! What is that Muffler I see??
Tinker
Tinker
waybad

Postby bbcowboy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 am

You have so much going on wow.. great fab work...
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby NixVegaGT » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:41 am

Yeah. LOL! The fabrication has become the hobby for me. I get a lot out of it; That said, I'm looking forward to transitioning to the other part of the hobby!

That muffler will sit right there under a small space just behind the seats. The brake ducts will go through there too. They are called "FreqMod" They're chamber mufflers with a small tube that bypasses the high frequency sound directly from the inlet to the exit. It blends the deep throaty sound with the higher pitch. If I do decide to build that 180º header this summer it should sound a bit like a european GT car. I think it will be cool anyway.

Then the pipe exits out the lower qtr, just ahead of the rear tire through a 3.5" pipe. It looks pretty cool… in my head. LOL! I'll post pics of the mock up in a few days. Just above that will be the brake duct scoop. We'll see how that goes.

Getting that rear wheelwell tacked in was a big deal to me. I've been agonizing over it's location for a while now and having that sort of settled on is a big help for my ADD mind.
- Nic '73 Vega GT "DogBoxx" Batwing LS1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357894
NixVegaGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Wizeguyrc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Great skills and innovation. :th:
Wizeguyrc

Previous

Return to Project Journals