new project

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

new project

Postby Starfire79 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:13 pm

OK here's the story on how i found the new project.. Me and a few of my buddies came across this junk yard. the owner need to sell everything he had cause the town was getting on him for it. So we thought to check things out.... Me and my brother adam found an 80 chevy monza notch back completly gutted and it was missing the trunk lid the interior was gone and the hood was shoot. so i decided to ask what he wanted for it. Then he told me he had 2 more monzas and a vega witch happened to be a gt. i asked how much for the lot and he gave me a price of 1,000. of course i couldnt do that i'm still rebuilding my starfire so i asked how much the one was. he gave me a price of 250. I checked out the car and the body is solid and the interior needs a little TLC. so as of the 8th i will be but a 1980 monza hatch back..

And to all the people who would hate me for cutting up my starfire you don't have to worry cause the monza's the new drag car. The only thing im doing to the starfire now is putting in the 350 posibly with twin turbos and a gutting interior. Witch now i'm looking for either a 427 or a 327. for the monza witch i am supercharging...

i'll keep ya posted on all progress on both vehicles. And pics of the new car will be coming soon!!
79 STARFIRE project still in progress
Starfire79

Postby mldeolde » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:36 pm

GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE KEEPING EVERYTHING SO FACTORY CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!! HA,HA,HA. LIKE THE SOUND OF YOUR PROJECTS. BUILDING EDGY H-BODYS IS WHAT I LOVE TO SEE. GO FOR IT DUDE. SOUNDS GREAT.
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby spyder_xlch » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 am

I wonder if it's the same yard Bill in Ambridge was talking about. I'd like to check it out but it's about 4 hrs away.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Project Journals