the "endless bummer"...

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: the "endless bummer"...

Postby thefatguy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 am

got to drive it....out of the parking stall and 10 feet over to the hose to wash it , hah hah hah...still no in$urance yet, and need recon/safety/registration/etc, and we need to do more work--...but it moves under its own power ! feels AWESOME. :th:
thefatguy

1975 Pontiac Astre

Postby thefatguy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm

hah hah, my younger son is exhibiting classic signs of "car crackhead" syndrome... he asked if we could drive the astre around, i replied that although it was driveable, we couldnt due to not having plates/insurance/safety/muffler/etc... it wasnt legal unless we are on private property. he though about it for a moment and then asked if alamoana shopping center ( at one point the largest shopping mall in the world, about 15 years ago- it has a parking lot that encircles the entire complex and its one of our "see/be seen" spots here on oahu. ) was private property. i said i believe so, why ? he said we can tow the car down ( we own and operate our own towtruck ) and then unload it, fire that sucker up and cruise it around the parking lot for a while,do a few burnouts, then hook it back up and tow it home.... :D ah, from the mouth of babes....
thefatguy

1975 Pontiac Astre

Postby BadBowtie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 pm

The apple never falls far from the tree :lol: :burn:
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby thefatguy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:00 pm

ok, we are BACK! had problems with everything--pc went down had to buy a new one, blew the motor in vette so had to do the 454 swap earlier than planned,had to repo the chopper back from a 20 year friend,got sick 3 times in a row etc.....lame. so, the astre hasnt run in over a year, needs a new battery, clean out the old gas and she *should* fire--then its down to the muffler shop and into recon !
thefatguy

1975 Pontiac Astre

Postby thefatguy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:27 am

finally got full 2.5 exhaust with "fromasters" ( the cheap, ghetto knock-off versions of flowmasters by thrush ), it sounds gnarly. more pics up here,

http://s811.photobucket.com/user/fatguy ... t=3&page=1

been working on the vette and the chopper too so spread thin right now.....
thefatguy

1975 Pontiac Astre

Previous

Return to Project Journals